Warehouse Assistant (INTERFAITH FOOD CENTER)
Our mission is to provide nutritious food to our neighbors in need in an environment that nurtures dignity and respect. We are looking for a warehouse assistant to assist in maintaining smooth operations of all day-to-day receiving and distribution functions as related to the warehouse, food distribution, and mobile pantry. The warehouse assistant is responsible for assuring safe and sanitary storage of all products, practice FIFO process, and accurate record-keeping. Additionally, management reserves the right to add, delete or modify the duties and responsibilities contained in this position description.
POSITION REPORTS TO: Warehouse Coordinator
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage warehouse to ensure the efficient receiving, handling, storage, and distribution of food product.
- Train and direct warehouse volunteers in the sorting, inspecting, and prepping of product before, during, and after distribution.
- Keep distribution line stocked during business hours. Involves carrying/pushing/moving heavy crates/boxes/pallets throughout the day.
- Prepare and conduct Mobile Food Pantry Program, working closely with the Program Coordinator.
- Supervise the safe storage of food to assure timely rotation, adequate supplies and timely distribution. Promote the “when in doubt…throw it out” procedure with all volunteers.
- Maintain accurate record keeping associated with all donated food (inbound/outbound) and submit weekly inventory report.
- Ensure proper and complete loading/unloading of all trucks. Receive deliveries to the warehouse, maintain proper logs; organize and maintain all warehouse inventory.
- Must be available weekends and holidays.
- Perform scheduled cleaning of warehouse including, but not limited to, refrigerators, floors, etc.
- Work with volunteers to maintain a safe and sanitary facility to meet all Health Department requirements.
- Drive box truck to pick up donations.
- Maintain temperature log for all coolers and freezers.
- Assist with all food drives, holiday, and fundraising events, several of which fall on a weekend or evenings. Occasionally IFC may host a special event (including weekends) where you would be required to work outside your scheduled hours.
- Recommend repairs for equipment, trucks, and facility management.
- Perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the food center, as assigned.
• Must be able to speak English and Spanish fluently
• Warehouse experience preferred
• High School diploma and basic computer skills
• Ability to operate manual or electric pallet jack, forklift certification a plus
• Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift a minimum of 50+ pounds
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher
• Serve-Safe certification (IFC will provide training if necessary)
• Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, comfortable driving box trucks
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and work evenings, holidays, and weekend special events as requested or required.
• Ability to work well individually and as a part of a team; ability to communicate professionally with employees, volunteers and clients alike.
• Consent to a background check. Prior convictions may not necessarily disqualify you from working for this company.
• Consent to a drug screen. This is a drug-free workplace.
• Be authorized to work in the United States.
To apply: Please email resume to Nancy Diaz at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interfaith Food Center requires all visitors entering the building to wear a mask, we sanitize all surfaces regularly, and sanitizer and personal protective equipment is available to staff and volunteers.