Volunteer Coordinator, ReStore (Habitat OC)
The Coordinator, ReStore Volunteers is responsible for assisting in the coordination of relationships with Habitat OC’s volunteer workforce, in pursuit of Habitat OC’s vision of creating a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
Position responsibilities will focus on outreach, recruitment and retention of ReStore volunteers, overseeing of Court Referral Program, managing Campus Chapters, and other assistance to the Volunteer Services Department.
Responsibilities Working with the ReStores:
• Primary point of contact for ReStore volunteers
• Individual volunteer outreach and communication as it relates to the ReStores
• Train ReStore volunteers on usage of online scheduling program (VolunteerHub)
• Schedule and greet volunteer teams for ReStore
• Oversee and conduct ReStore volunteer orientations as needed
• Maintain email communications to individual and core ReStore volunteers
• Primary point of contact for Court Referral and other ReStore outreach programs
• Other duties as assigned Working with Volunteer Services:
• Primary point of contact for Campus Chapter program
• Set up and assist in facilitating monthly volunteer orientation
• Assist in tracking of volunteer hours
• Assist with volunteer recruitment, placement and recognition across the Affiliate
• Other duties as assigned
• 1-2 years of experience working with volunteers
• Excellent interpersonal and cultural competency skills
• Personal and professional integrity, initiative and passion for creating a volunteer engagement culture
• Strong writing and verbal skills
• Strong public speaking and community outreach skills
• Experience working with Excel required; Raiser’s Edge database system experience preferred
• Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Monday through Friday schedule; some evenings and flexibility required
This position is full-time non-exempt and reports to the Vice President, Retail Operations.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to Val Parker, Director of Volunteer Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.