Visitor Experience Representative (Compound)
Long Beach, CA
Compound is a cultural and creative complex fostering the intersection of contemporary art, wellness and community impact.
Compound’s approach is holistic and includes multiple entry points for engagement. We conceived public programming ranging from contemporary art exhibitions and immersive experiences, classes, and workshops in the healing arts, performances, dining, and a location to wander and reflect—all an effort to promote our values of creating connections, belonging, and fostering curiosity and growth
We are driven by the belief that culture shifts consciousness. Culture provides a safe context to reexamine ourselves, purpose and bettering our communities.
Visitor Experience Representatives (VER) provide and administer exceptional visitor-centric service to Compound’s audience. This position will create a visitor experience plan for the new cultural space. This position will be responsible for planning for Compound visitors to ensure a truly welcoming, unique, accessible and seamless experience. Reporting to the COO, the customization of the Compound viewer experience is a priority to the success of the space and its ambitious programs. Each unique visitor’s needs requires consideration.
The VER is responsible for performing steady, exceptional, high-level service to our audience as we build a community which enables the public to feel joy, welcome and that they belong at Compound. Our guests will want to come back time and again consistently, based on the high level experience strategically executed by the VER.
Roles and responsibilities
- Enthusiastically greet all Compound visitors. As the initial point of contact the VER is fundamental in creating a welcoming, warm, safe and inclusive entrance into Compound.
- Stage information for visitors and ensure resources are legible and accessible based on individual interests of each visitor.
- Create and communicate with visitors with individualized visit plans upon arrival.
- Promote sales in the retail store, cafe, classes, signups (always capture visitor information when possible).
- Communicate policies and procedures to visitors in a positive and friendly fashion (food and drink policy etc).
- Management and staffing needs of all part-time visitor experience employees, including training, customer service skills, art education training, and hospitality skills
- Sustain a complete knowledge of exhibitions and programs and have a communication and flow plan regarding Compound way-finding.
- Support for event set-up/take down, traffic flow management and facility maintenance needs.
- Ensure the spaces are ready for opening and are in order throughout the day.
- Perform daily opening and closing procedures.
- Engage in staff meetings, exhibition and program training.
- Create the foundational Visitor Experience guide for Compound’s opening
Qualifications, Education and Experience
- Associate Degree with two years of applicable experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in public facing customer service environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Spanish is ideal.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to learn policies and procedures and correctly provide that information to our audience.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills; ability to provide the highest level of customer service at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with culturally diverse audiences and audiences of varying ages.
- A positive customer focused manner; ability to listen and empathize with visitor concerns, suggestions and requests.
Salary and benefits are is commensurate with skills and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we aspire to reflect the diversity of Long Beach in both our staff and visitors. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe that by actively building a workforce of the brightest people from the widest possible range of backgrounds, we can innovate, inspire, and engage with the widest possible audience.
To Apply Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.