SUPPORTED EMPLOYMENT TEAM LEADER (Goodwill SOLAC)
- The Supported Employment Team Leader reports to the Division 200 Supported Employment Services Manager.
- As instructed by the Supported Employment Services Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for the supervision, coaching, training and skill development of the service participant(s) to perform duties defined by employer at various job sites (each job site service will vary).
Exemplary Duties / Responsibilities:
Supervision and Training:
- Provide supervision and training for Service Participants that meets the needs of the business partner and addresses the acquisition of skill sets noted in the participant’s Individual Habilitation Service Plan (IHSP).
- In partnership with job site management, ensure that the service participant(s) are successful in performing daily operation of assigned duties, by meeting daily goals.
- Monitor production quality and quantity of duties, as well as, initiate corrective action when necessary.
- Maintain work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner which may include daily sweeping of floors and related tasks as assigned.
- Assist in the completion of daily defined goals.
- Attend general departmental, and safety meetings as required.
- Collaborate with the Service Participants, the Regional Center Counselors and the Supported Employment Services Manager and others to develop and implement personal growth plans that maximize the Service Participant’s potential for personal independence and financial self-sufficiency.
- Provide on-the-job vocational training, instruction and coaching for Service Participants.
- Provide on the job instruction and coaching to increase Service Participant(s) production/work capabilities as outlined in the Individual Habilitation Service Plan (IHSP).
- Actively participate in the Service Participant’s annual IHSP planning meetings and provide recommendations for changes or additions to the IHSP as per observations and measurements of the participant’s on-the-job skill sets.
- Communicate in a professional manner to Service Participant(s), company representatives and management.
- Cooperate and coordinate with the job site representatives and /or other work site managers to develop and implement plans for setting –up production areas and work stations in a manner that ensures efficient supervision, safety and effective workflow.
- Work with supervisors to develop and/or implement assistive technology solutions as needed to help ensure employee/participant safety and effective work flow.
- Transportation: Reliable transportation as necessary to various job sites is required.
Documentation: Maintain appropriate Service Participant documentation, including behavioral logs and attendance. Maintain appropriate production documentation, as required by the worksite management and Supported Employment Program. Provide accurate and timely reports to the Supported Employment Services Manager as requested.
Other: Attendance at staff trainings and Division 200 meetings and other organizational meetings is required. Attendance and participation in trainings dealing with safety, ADA, CARF and DOL compliance, quality and other relevant subjects are required.
- A High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience is preferred in an industrial contracts
production center or social service setting providing employment training or similar services for people with disabilities or other barriers to employment
- Desire to work with people that have barriers to employment.
- Self-reliant, takes initiative.
- Team player.
- Adapts to change and is flexible to daily schedule or contract work requirements.
- Exhibits a high level of patience with others.
- Communicates effectively with others.
- Willingness to work at various work sites and to travel to those sites during the work day
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that may include overtime, early morning, evenings and week-end work to accommodate contract/work site requirements.
- Ability to train (self & others), instruct, coach and motivate others.
- Ability to use business provided cellular telephone to access the Goodwill time and attendance platform, work related trainings, report sharing, and other tools such as DocuSign and scanning.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Service Participants, job site representatives, and Goodwill staff.
- Ability to function effectively as a part of a team.
- Ability to complete daily, weekly, and monthly reports using basic mathematics and time calculations.
- Accuracy of work is essential.
- Able to lift, carry, push and pull at least 25 lbs.
- Fluent communication skills. Bilingual a plus.
- Cooperation with site management, direct supervisors and Division Director.
- Ability to serve customers effectively.
- Quantity and quality of work performed.
- Accuracy of records maintained.
- Ability to meet deadlines and respond to special needs.
- Ability to serve in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to maintain appearance and organization of assigned work station.
- Ability to perform some janitorial duties.
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Confidentiality – Understands and adheres to high level confidentiality in all work related information discussions and information sharing.
- Ethics and Values – Adheres to Goodwill core values and beliefs during both good and bad times; acts in line with those values.
- Task Management – Communicates changes and progress; completes project on time.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics, people and/or situations.
- Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; managers project team activities.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits employee feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others ideas and tries new things.
- Verbal Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds will to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills effectively; participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; promotes inclusiveness; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Inclusion and Equality – Is inclusive, shows respect and sensitivity for all differences; gender, sexual orientation, and culture. Promotes equality in all aspects of work-life at Goodwill SOLAC.
The employee must have a valid California motor vehicle driver license, current automobile insurance and be willing and able to use his/her personal vehicle or have access to reliable and consistent transportation in the course of employment and business activities.
- Able to work with a diversified population and people with barriers to employment.
- Able to work efficiently and safely.
- Able to follow instructions and operate with minimal supervision.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standard of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Goodwill is a culturally diverse and inclusive organization.
Please email resumes to ARivera@GoodwillSOLAC.org
$17.00 an hour