Site Supervisor, Part-time, temporary (Power 4 Youth)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Working under the guidance of the Executive Director, supervise, support and assist volunteers and students during Power 4 Youth mentoring sessions.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Power 4 Youth Executive Director
1. Open and prepare sites for mentoring sessions. Inspect and close site at the end of the session.
2. Prepare for meeting sessions. This may include snack preparation, activity planning and shopping for supplies.
3. During mentoring sessions, assist volunteers and students where needed (e.g. selecting activities).
4. Maintain attendance records of meeting sessions.
5. Follow-up with mentors and students who are absent through phone calls. Keep informed of concerns, activities and progress of each pair.
6. Report any attendance issues or other concerns of the pairs to the Match Supervisor.
7. Weekly office hours on Fridays.
8. Meet with supervisor regularly to discuss program, accomplishments, concerns, etc.
1. Genuine liking of teenagers and the ability to help them learn and excel.
2. Appreciation and supportive of volunteers and their role in non-profit environments.
3. Ability to work with minimal supervision. Reliable, punctual, dependable and organized.
4. Must be at least 18 years old with high school diploma.
5. Willingness to work with persons regardless of age, race, disability, religion, ethnic or socioeconomic background.
6. Experience or coursework in social work, education, and/or volunteer development helpful.
Cover letter & resumé sent to Program Director: email@example.com
Deadline: July 20, 2019