Senior Services Coordinator (The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach)
Position: Senior Services Coordinator Department: Mental Health
Reports To: Director of Mental Health
Status: Part-Time (20 hours per week)/Non-Exempt
Benefits: Paid sick
Probation: 90 days
Benefits: Paid Sick and optional Life/Critical Illness insurance
Under the supervision of the Director of Mental Health Services, the Senior Services Coordinator is responsible for all activities within The Center’s Senior Services Program including activities, programming, case management, resource development, and reporting. This position serves as the lead staff member in representing LGBTQ senior issues and advocacy in the community and also serves as a trainer to other organizations seeking information on best practices in working with this demographic. Must be available to work evenings and weekends regularly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop individual case plans and provide support to LGBTQ seniors seeking services.
• Coordinate daily activities and programming for LGBTQ seniors.
• Facilitate group discussions/activities within The Center’s senior services program.
• Train agencies, organizations, and individuals in best practices for serving and supporting LGBTQ senior populations.
• Serve as an advocate for LGBTQ seniors within and outside the organization.
• Provide internal and external referrals to LGBTQ friendly senior providers. Maintain and update internal resource guide for LGBTQ seniors.
• Prepare monthly reports and analyze program data and demographics as needed and requested.
• Maintain case files in accordance with agency standards and industry best practices.
• Initiate billing and maintain proper documentation of outreach, education, consultation, support, and planning activities as required by program funding sources.
• Develop relationshipswith other senior service agencies, organizations, and providers for cross-referrals, support, and community linkages.
• Attend all internal and external meetings and trainings as required by agency and funder(s).
• Other duties as necessary or assigned.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
BA in related field (social work, psychology, human services, gerontology, etc.) or relevant prior work experience.
At least one year of experience providing direct services to seniors.
At least two years of experience providing case management, counseling, or other direct service.
Strong desire to engage and advocate for LGBTQ senior citizens.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple competing responsibilities and deadlines.
Strong time management skills.
Strong research and Computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite). Salesforce or other database experience preferred.
Flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
Working knowledge of specific issues impacting LGBTQ seniors.
Knowledge of available local community resources and agencies.
Experience working with people of diverse experiences, races, sexual orientations, gender identities, and socioeconomic statuses.
Bilingual (Spanish, Khmer, or American Sign Language) a plus.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Porter Gilberg, Executive Director The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach by E-Mail to email@example.com or by fax to 562.433.6428
2017 E. Fourth Street, Long Beach, CA 90814 Phone 562.434.4455
The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from anyone regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, sexual orientation, or age.