Senior Accountant (Rainbow Services)
• About the agency: Rainbow Services, Ltd. is a progressive, affirmative action equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive, trauma informed services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
• Reports to: Director of Finance
• Status: Hourly, non-exempt, full-time, 30+ hours/week
The Senior Accountant operates under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance to perform accounting practices for the agency.
Duties May Include but are not Limited to:
• Prepare monthly journal entries and bank reconciliations in a timely manner.
• Manage organization-wide cash flow, such as preparing monthly invoices, reviewing and approving payables and collecting payments efficiently and accurately.
• Monitor budget versus actual variances and generate relevant reports to support program managers in operation planning.
• Assist and eventually manage all aspects of internal and external audits.
• Assist with budgeting and financial projections for grant applications.
• Assist with financial review of selected grants.
• Adhere to and update department procedures, as needed, and ensure a current set of procedures are available for cross-training and audit purposes.
• Comply with established organizational policies and procedures.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Accounting degree, 5 years experience as a full-charge, non-profit accountant through trial balance preferred.
• Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP and 501(c)3 corporation accounting practices.
• Experience with developing and implementing internal controls and processes to ensure accurate reporting.
• Competent with Quickbooks and Excel applications.
• Well-organized and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
• California ID or Driver’s License required.
Work Environment: Community Education Center
To apply: Send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 310-548-0611.
“It is the policy of Rainbow Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected category and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity.”