RESIDENT ATTENDANT (CATHOLIC CHARITIES)
Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women and Children consists of three shelters. Languille Emergency Shelter is a 12 week emergency shelter for women just off the streets. They provide food, clothing, shelter, referrals and supportive services for up to 30 woman a night, Hawks Residence Transitional Housing supports up to 30 women transitioning from emergency shelter to permanent housing and Farley House is a twenty one, one bedroom apartment building providing transitional housing to single women, and women with children. Good Shepherd Center is seeking a dependable, caring individual to work on-call and part-time who has experience working with the homeless population.
- Provides first line of staff presence in residential shelter.
- Implements rules and policies governing shelter operations.
- Assists residents with problems and questions.
- Answers phones and monitors front door and guest.
- Ensures shelter residents comply with rules and policies of the program.
- Observes and records significant activities.
- Provides general information and direction to the public.
- Oversees volunteer activities.
- Completion of high school or the equivalent.
- Six to twelve months of related experience.
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills
- Good conversation skills and a friendly demeanor
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Able to maintain organized logs of activities and services provides
- Physically capable of doing work that requires standing, lifting, bending, and pushing
Location: Downtown Los Angeles
Hours: On-Call as Needed
Salary: $13.25 – $15.88 per hour
How to apply: Mail resume to Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc., P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, fax to (213) 251-3402 or email to email@example.com EOE.