RESIDENCE ATTENDANT (CATHOLIC CHARITIES)
Elizabeth Ann Seton / Long Beach
Homeless Family Shelter
Elizabeth Ann Seton Residence, a program of Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. is a forty-five day emergency shelter to families, pregnant women, disabled and elderly who are homeless. Families are referred to the shelter by other agencies and churches. The shelter offers private rooms, nutritious meals and baby items. Clients work with a case manager to design a plan to achieve self-sufficiency and housing. A life skills coordinator teaches parenting classes, life skills, communication skills, financial literacy and job preparation. Through collaboration with the Long Beach Multi-Service Center for the homeless and through on-site services at Villages at Cabrillo, child care, health care and legal services benefits are available.
Elizabeth Ann Seton Shelter is seeking a dynamic, caring individual to be a part of making a difference in the lives of those who are in need. If you think you can make a difference, please apply.
- Provides first line of staff presence in residential shelter.
- Implements rules and policies governing shelter operations
- Assists residents with problems and questions.
- Answers phones and monitors front door.
- Ensures shelter residents comply with rules.
- Observes and records significant activities.
- Provides general information and direction to the public.
- Assist with preparing meals
- Display a positive attitude and assist residents when the need arises.
- Drive clients to appointments / designated areas during shift
- Oversees volunteer activities.
- Completion of high school or the equivalent.
- Six to twelve months of related experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Experience working the homeless population a plus
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic reading, writing, math, and computer skills
- Good conversation skills and a friendly demeanor
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Able to maintain organized logs of activities and services provides
- Physically capable of doing work that requires standing, lifting, bending, and pushing
Location: Long Beach
Hours: P/T, 32 hours per week & F/T, 40 hours per week, flexible schedule
Salary: $15.88 per hour + benefits, vacation, sick and paid holidays
How to apply: Simultaneously mail, email or fax cover letter and resume to
email@example.com (2) Program Director,SFloyd@ccharities.Org,
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles Human Resources Department; P.O. Box 15095, Los Angeles, CA 90015, fax to (213) 251-3402