Relationship Manager (Abode Communities)
About Abode Communities
Founded in 1968, Abode Communities mission is to “create service-enhanced affordable housing and socially-beneficial community facilities that promote the social, economic, and physical transformation of underserved communities.” Abode Communities’ impact is realized through a fully integrated and multi-disciplinary approach to community development. The organization’s professional services – real estate, architecture, and property management – ensure Abode Communities’ high-quality standard is brought to each and every residential community we place in service. Above and beyond, the organization provides complimentary mission-critical on-site resident (social) services that ensure low-income families, seniors, and people with special needs can achieve economic and personal growth, long-term self-sufficiency, and housing stability.
Under the supervision of the Director, Communications & Fund Development, the Relationship Manager is responsible for the management, execution, and expansion of Abode Communities’ individual donor development fundraising activities utilizing the Benevon model of fundraising. In this role, s/he will work as an integral part of the fund development team, as well as serving as a liaison between fund development and resident services, for which the majority of fundraising activity will support.
- Serve as the key relationship manager for Abode Communities’ volunteer ambassador (donor/volunteer) program;
- Manage and lead monthly/bi-monthly prospective donor tours of Abode Communities’ properties and mission-critical resident services program;
- Manage post-tour ambassador cultivation activities;
- Manage individual donor pledges and contributions, including multi-year/planned gifts;
- Plan and implement annual individual donor fundraising event;
- Develop donor stewardship and cultivation program;
- Manage the individual donor fundraising team, including volunteer ambassadors, to meet deadlines and complete assigned tasks;
- Maintain, update, and report individual donor fund development activities utilizing Neon CRM database;
- Provide support for annual individual fundraising appeals and campaigns; and
- Support milestone anniversary fundraising activities, when applicable.
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Five+ years fundraising experience
- Understanding of Los Angeles’ philanthropic environment
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of Neon CRM, Preferred
- Desire to contribute to improving underserved communities in Los Angeles
- Enjoys developing relationships with people over time
- Highly-organized and detail oriented
- Able to manage multiple tasks in deadline-driven environment
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to speak comfortably in front of 25 people
- Has access to personal transportation throughout the Greater Los Angeles Metro region
The Relationship Manager is a full-time, exempt position, salary commensurate with experience.
Abode Communities’ employees enjoy an abundance of benefits include a competitive benefits package (health, dental, vision, life and AD&D); 9/80 work schedule, retirement plan with employer match, Flexible Spending Account, subsidized parking, and vacation and sick leave.
Abode Communities is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please email your resume to email@example.com