Purchasing /Inventory Clerk (Long Beach Community Action Partnership)
Position: Purchasing/Inventory Clerk (Finance Department
Reports To: Accounting Manager
Salary Range: $17-19 based on experience
Benefits: Sick Time and Holiday pay
Full Time: Monday – Friday 7am-3:30pm
Location: Sante Fe Springs, CA
The Purchasing /Inventory Clerk will support the Finance department by performing various accounting duties to ensure that all contracts and grants are properly recorded and billed.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciles general ledger accounts and make any necessary correcting journal entries.
- Provide direct support to Warehouse Coordinator with inventory management
- Maintains and reconcile company petty cash and cash receipts.
- Prepares analysis of accounts, as required.
- Manages various accounting reports.
- Assists with compiling and developing budgets
- Performs calculations for energy assistance service projections
- Assists organization staff in complying with local, state, and federal regulations and monitors workflow timelines to meet required deadlines
- Assists Energy department staff in monthly billing process
- Maintains proper inventory records in ServTraq
- Researches and analyzes discrepancies, and processes appropriate correction transactions
- Prepares purchase orders as needed
- Provides administrative support to the finance department and other departments as needed.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skills and Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates Degree or Higher in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 1-2 years of purchasing or inventory management (Warehouse or Construction preferred)
- Minimum of 6 months of accounting related experience
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to pay attention to detail, follows instructions, and work independently.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions in an independent manner.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual observes security procedures and handles finances and other confidential information in a secure manner.
- Advance Microsoft Excel preferred.
To apply please submit resume to email@example.com.