Program Manager (EXP The Opportunity Engine)
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Salary Range: $50,000 to $60,000
About the Organization: EXP’s mission is to prepare students for a better life by helping young people gain experience, unlock doors and build the confidence they need to succeed in school, career and life. EXP serves over 6,400 predominantly low to moderate income and first-generation high school students in Southern California through partnerships with industry and education to prepare young people for diverse career opportunities in high-wage and high-growth sectors. Through participation in EXP programs, students explore career opportunities in business, STEM and other emerging 21st Century careers, receive mentorship from industry experts and earn resume-worthy work experience through summer internships. EXP helps communities bridge the skills gap needed for employers to connect with the future workforce and youth to be prepared to compete in tomorrow’s workplace.
Summary of Position: The Program Manager is responsible for the overall success of EXP’s signature programming. The Program Manager develops, implements, promotes and evaluates EXP’s school-based work-based learning programs. The Program Manager is also responsible for volunteer outreach and engagement for EXP supported programs and events.
The Program Manager recruits and engages industry partners and manages student preparation and program delivery activities year-round with multiple stakeholders including industry, community, students, educators and EXP staff. The program manager reports directly to the Director of Programs and Strategic Partnerships.
Essential Job Functions
Student/School Program Delivery:
• Work directly with lead faculty and administrators at EXP supported school sites to develop, implement, manage and execute all aspects of EXP’s signature programs and events
• Assist school faculty with student recruitment
• Inspire and motivate students to participate in EXP programs
• Ability to facilitate student facing programs in an engaging and meaningful way
• Establish an active in-school presence for assigned program schools
• Ensure effective involvement of EXP stakeholders – industry, educators and students, in all aspects of program delivery
• Calendar all programs and events at school sites
• Support in-school programs by recruiting and engaging volunteers
• Organize and implement programs, special projects, events and student/teacher program evaluations
• Maintain frequent and effective communication with school staff, external stakeholders and EXP staff
Industry & Community Relationship Management:
• Build and maintain relationships with individuals, industries, organizations, government entities, colleges and other community organizations with the primary goal of volunteer recruitment to support program implementation and delivery
• Develop, foster and steward volunteer relationships
• Facilitate ongoing, regularly occurring meetings with industry advisory board members related to program delivery
• Engage industry and community partners in all aspects of program delivery
• Assess the needs for volunteers to enhance program delivery
• Support the development of effective strategies to recruit volunteers reflective of the students EXP serves
• Effectively handle diverse interpersonal and inter-group relationships
• Actively participate in industry and community organizations
• Ensure programs meet organizational contract and grant compliance requirements
• Organize and manage program and student records
• Keep detailed records and reports on the results of programs
• Prepare clear and comprehensive correspondences, reports, and presentations
• Collect and analyze program data for internal and external use
• Deliver accurate and timely data and reports
• Communicate pertinent information to all stakeholders in a timely fashion by email, telephone and in person
Planning, Design and Budgets:
• Responsible for overall program plan, design, delivery and evaluation
• Develop and implement program improvements
• Support the development of stakeholder recognition activities
• Accountable for overall program plan success including evaluation and budget control
Professionalism & Ethics:
• As the “face” of EXP within multiple external stakeholder groups, conduct oneself in a highly professional manner, and in alignment with EXP values
• Work in collaboration with team members within department and across the organization
• Support overall EXP mission, objectives and goals as outlined in Strategic Plan
• Positively represent the organization in the community
• Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders in order to achieve the goals of the organization
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 4-6 years of program management experience
• Prior experience working with or knowledge of high-wage high-growth industry & business sectors, as well as with career training programs and internships
• Candidates with non-profit, work-based learning, volunteer management and/or public experience are encouraged to apply.
• Experience in managing, marketing and/or developing new programs in a public or corporate setting
• Able to quickly build rapport and foster relationships
• Prior experience in project management, chairing and facilitating meetings
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work proactively in a team environment, collaborating across all departments
• Able to interact seamlessly with all levels of the organization from volunteers to executives; including the Board of Directors
• Ability to work under pressure, meet competing deadlines and positively adapt to change
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekends, both independently and as part of a team.
• Have dependable motor vehicle, valid California driver’s license, and automobile insurance as required by law. Up to 50% of local travel per week.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires a full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
EOE Statement: EXP is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. EXP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
• Competitive Salary, Medical Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time, Paid Vacation, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Account for Pre-Tax Medical
• Access to Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Ms. Golnaz Fatemi, Business Manager at email@example.com.