Program Coordinator (EXP)
Job Type: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
About the Organization: EXP’s mission is to prepare students for a better life by helping young people gain experience, unlock doors and build the confidence they need to succeed in school, career and life.
EXP serves over 6,400 predominantly low to moderate income and first-generation high school students in Southern California through partnerships with industry and education to prepare young people for diverse career opportunities in high-wage and high-growth sectors. Through participation in EXP programs, students explore career opportunities in business, STEM and other emerging 21st Century careers, receive mentorship from industry experts and earn resume-worthy work experience through summer internships. EXP helps communities bridge the skills gap needed for employers to connect with the future workforce and youth to be prepared to compete in tomorrow’s workplace.
Summary of Position: The Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall success of EXP’s signature programming. The Program Coordinator helps implement, deliver and promote EXP’s school-based work-based learning programs. The Program Coordinator is also responsible for providing administrative support to the program team and EXP supported programs and events.
The Program Coordinator supports the Program Manager and program team in engaging industry partners and helps coordinate student preparation and program delivery activities year-round with multiple stakeholders including industry, community, students, educators and EXP staff. The Program Coordinator reports directly to the Program Manager.
Essential Job Functions
Student/School Program Delivery:
- Work with the Program Manager and team in coordinating with lead faculty and administrators at EXP supported school sites to develop, implement and execute all aspects of EXP’s signature programs and events
- Assist school faculty with student recruitment
- Help inspire and motivate students to participate in EXP programs
- Ability to facilitate student facing programs in an engaging and meaningful way
- Help facilitate EXP’s internship work-readiness workshops across multiple school sites
- Help facilitate EXP’s mentorship program across multiple school sites
- Establish an active in-school presence for assigned program schools
- Assist in calendaring all programs and events at school sites
- Support in-school programs by helping engage volunteers in program delivery
- Work with the Program Manager in organizing and implementing programs, special projects, events and student/teacher program evaluations
- Maintain frequent and effective communication with school staff, external stakeholders and EXP staff
Industry & Community Relationship Management:
- Work with Program Manager and team in building and maintaining relationships with individuals, industries, organizations, government entities, colleges and other community organizations with the primary goal of volunteer recruitment to support program implementation and delivery
- Support the Program Manager in developing, fostering and stewarding volunteer relationships
- Help engage industry and community partners in all aspects of program delivery
- Effectively handle diverse interpersonal and inter-group relationships
- Actively participate in industry and community events
- Support the program team in preparing the necessary documents for meetings, programs, events and presentations
- Coordinate the tracking of program data
- Help organize and manage program and student records
- Assist the Program Manager in keeping detailed records and reports on the results of programs
- Help prepare clear and comprehensive correspondences, reports, and presentations
- Support the logistics of virtual meetings using teleconferencing platforms
Professionalism & Ethics:
- As the one of the “faces” of EXP within multiple external stakeholder groups, conduct oneself in a highly professional manner, and in alignment with EXP values
- Work in collaboration with team members within department and across the organization
- Support overall EXP mission, objectives and goals as outlined in Strategic Plan
- Positively represent the organization in the community
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with all stakeholders in order to achieve the goals of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and will consider relevant work experience as a substitute
- 2-4 years of program coordination experience
- Prior experience working with or knowledge of high-wage high-growth industry & business sectors, as well as with career training programs and internships
- Candidates with non-profit, work-based learning, volunteer coordination and/or public experience are encouraged to apply
- Able to quickly build rapport and foster relationships
- Prior experience in project coordination
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work proactively in a team environment, collaborating across all departments
- Able to interact seamlessly with all levels of the organization from volunteers to executives; including the Board of Directors
- Ability to work under pressure, meet competing deadlines and positively adapt to change
- Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekends, both independently and as part of a team.
- Have dependable motor vehicle, valid California driver’s license, and automobile insurance as required by law. Up to 30% of local travel per week.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Requires a full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Involves standing and walking. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing.
EOE Statement: EXP is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. EXP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
- Competitive Salary, Medical Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time, Paid Vacation, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Flexible Spending Account for Pre-Tax Medical
- Access to Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
*Due to COVID19, all programs are currently virtual and the EXP staff are working from home until further notice.
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Ms. Golnaz Fatemi, Business Manager at email@example.com.