Paralegal (Rainbow Services)
San Pedro, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Rainbow Services, Ltd. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive trauma-informed services to survivors of domestic violence and their children. The Paralegal provides legal assistance, information and advocacy services for clients under the direction of the Director of Legal Services.
- Conduct initial client interviews and legal needs assessments.
- Provide legal advocacy services for clients including, but not limited to, providing court accompaniments and advocating on behalf of clients with law enforcement, prosecutors and child protective services.
- Draft correspondence, legal documents and court forms with supervision by the Director of Legal Services and/or Staff Attorney.
- Conduct legal research and analysis of client issues.
- Coordinate and conduct legal information clinics for clients.
- Develop educational and self-help materials for clients on relevant legal issues.
- Work with legal staff and supportive services advocates to coordinate legal services and ensure that clients’ legal needs are being met.
- Document legal services and assist with grant reporting requirements, as needed.
- Represent the agency at community meetings and events.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bilingual Spanish/English required.
- Two years of paralegal-level experience with a bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate required.
- Strong communication (oral and written), research and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with legal issues faced by domestic violence victims.
- Familiarity with legal forms and procedures in the areas of landlord tenant, family law and/or immigration.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Prior experience working with domestic violence victims in a community-based setting preferred.
- Interest in and commitment to addressing social justice issues affecting families and vulnerable groups.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
- California ID or Driver’s License required.
- Access to a car and proof of current automobile insurance detailing coverage and list of covered drivers required.
- State mandated 40-hour Domestic Violence training required.
Compensation: $21.00-$22.00 per hour
Apply here. Please include cover letter and resume.
It is the policy of Rainbow Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information, or any other legally protected category and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity.