Outreach Director (Casa Youth Shelter)
Casa Youth Shelter (CYS) is seeking a versatile and personable Outreach Director who is bilingual in English and Spanish and can articulate our programs and impact with enthusiasm and passion. The Outreach Director is responsible for designing and implementing Casa Youth Shelter’s outreach strategy to enhance organizational visibility and expand awareness and utilization of CYS services.
Casa Youth Shelter’s Outreach Director (OD) takes primary responsibility for developing new referral sources and enhancing relationships with existing referral partners to make sure the community is informed about CYS services, and to ensure shelter beds, counseling services, and other CYS programs are utilized. The OD is responsible for actively developing and promoting partnerships with local schools, police departments, and other relevant social service and collaborative organizations, to reinforce supporting resources to serve the organization’s mission. In concert with annual strategic plan initiatives, the Outreach Director works within the external relations team to enhance awareness of the shelter, our services, and the needs of the youth we serve. The OD is also responsible for the development and supervision of an outreach internship program and the high school Youth Leadership Program.
• Build and strengthen Casa Youth Shelter’s image and visibility in the community
• Cultivate relationships and communicate regularly with current & potential referral sources
• Develop strategic outreach opportunities to directly reach youth and families in need. Identify and evaluate new prospects for community and street outreach.
• Serve as an energetic and articulate spokesperson for Casa Youth Shelter in the community
• Engage in outreach activities via presentations, tabling, events, etc.
• Organize and execute outreach events, including the Youth Leadership Conference & Reality Party (in person or virtually)
• Develop, articulate, and implement an annual strategic outreach plan that integrates all components of the outreach program, including outreach to schools, law enforcement, probation, social service agencies, hospitals, other shelters, community agencies, teen drop-in programs, and other relevant collaborative partners and stakeholders, giving priority to communities and providers based on research-indicated need
• Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the outreach strategy. Develop and administer metrics to evaluate outreach outcomes. Present data-driven analysis to the ED and Board regarding referral sources and the efficacy of outreach activities, particularly related to trends and best practices.
• Work with the clinical team to arrange for presentations on vital youth topics, current trends, and agency programs and resources
• Identify contacts, secure, and track MOUs, when appropriate, to middle/high school districts and appropriate service providers/agencies
• Supervise Youth Leadership/Alumni Programs and Club Casa Program, recruit and train high school student participants, manage their volunteer efforts and mentor teens so they may learn to become advocates for Casa Youth Shelter and the issues that our teens face
• Develop outreach internship program and supervise interns to expand reach and train others as ambassadors
• Participate as a member of the management team, reporting to the Executive Director, to formulate and implement policies and procedures to meet the organization’s objectives
• Participate in Board, Committee, and Staff activities as requested by the Executive Director
• Work collaboratively with other members of the staff. Assist management team and shelter staff with additional tasks as needed.
• Commitment to Casa Youth Shelter’s mission of helping youth in crisis and their families
• Tangible experience building and cultivating effective long-term professional relationships
• Proven ability to engage and inspire a wide range of stakeholders
• Connections in primary catchment areas of Orange County and Long Beach
• Demonstrated ability to formulate, develop, implement & evaluate youth services programs
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable speaking in large group settings
• Ability to link organizational objectives to outreach program goals; a creative self-starter who can articulate and positively impact strategic and tactical initiatives
• Flexible and adaptable; established ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in an environment with quickly shifting priorities and high expectations
• High energy and positive demeanor; a team player who will motivate and collaborate with staff, Board members, donors, volunteers, and other key constituents
• Strong planning, project, and time management skills; established ability to meet deadlines and keep accurate records
• Minimum 5 years of professional experience; demonstrated success in outreach
• Bilingual in English and Spanish
• Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in human services-related field, or equivalent experience
• Available to work evenings, weekends, and early mornings
• Proficiency in MS Office applications
• Must pass a full background check from the FBI and California Community Care Licensing
• Must provide educational transcripts, evidence of healthcare clearance, recent negative TB test, current positive DMV driving record, and proof of insurance coverage
Salary and Benefits
This is a full-time, salaried position. We anticipate a starting salary in the range of $55,000-$63,000, depending on qualifications, with the following benefits:
• Medical, dental, and life insurance (up to 100% of employee premium paid based on selected coverage)
• Aflac and 403b options available
• 11 paid holidays, plus a personal day for one’s birthday
• Three weeks paid time off (increasing to five weeks based on years of service)
• Flexible work schedule and opportunities for occasional remote work are possible, however complete remote work is not possible for this role.
Casa Youth Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Casa Youth Shelter welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Please email a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Outreach Director Application” in the subject line. Review of qualifications will begin on August 17, 2020.
For more than 40 years, Casa Youth Shelter has been providing shelter, counseling, and support services to youth in crisis. Our goal is to empower youth to come through their crisis with increased confidence, stability, and tools for continued growth. In an unassuming home in Los Alamitos, youth come any time, day or night, to find our doors always open with awake staff on duty. We provide temporary shelter and immediate care for youth ages 12-17 who have run away, are homeless, abandoned, neglected, abused, or are otherwise in need of a safe place to stay and someone to talk to. Our team provides individual, group, and family counseling, case management services, and developmental activities for residents including educational tutoring, recreation, art, music, and pet therapy. Casa Youth Shelter is licensed by the California Department of Social Services, Community Care Licensing Division. www.casayouthshelter.org