OUTREACH AND EDUCATION COORDINATOR (WOMENSHELTER OF LONG BEACH)
Position: OUTREACH AND EDUCATION COORDINATOR (Domestic Violence Resource Center)
Hourly rate: $19 – $21
The Outreach and Education Coordinator will conduct outreach programs and presentations, provide community education and training on domestic violence, teen dating violence and intimate partner violence, affirmative consent, and other relevant topics. They will collaborate with the Director of Outreach and Education on a variety of projects and events that further the domestic violence prevention, education and early intervention work of WSLB. The role of the Outreach and Education Coordinator is to act as a liaison between the public and WSLB to help facilitate the accessibility of domestic violence education in the community.
- Assist with the Outreach Department’s outreach and education engagement plan to increase community awareness of domestic violence and WSLB programs
- Help design, develop, and produce training curriculum, awareness and outreach materials
- Identify opportunities to partner with community organizations on special events and presentations
- Support Outreach Department’s event and presentation plan during national awareness months (teen dating violence awareness month, domestic violence awareness month, sexual assault awareness month, etc.)
- Support the planning and execution of agency-wide events, such as the annual Gala, Long Beach Gives, Youth Conference, etc.
- Provide support with the execution of internal and external events
- Co-facilitate engaging presentations on DV/IPV related topics to higher education institutions and community agencies
- Organize internal events for youth clients and families
- Create and update program curriculum for youth
- Work with Outreach and Education Coordinator to establish a strong social media presence to promote WSLB’s youth events and services
- Know, understand, and observe mandated reporting requirements and file reports with the appropriate authorities as required by law
- High School Diploma; Some college experience preferred
- 1 year of professional experience, preferably in outreach and education or public relations
- Computer skills. Fluent with Microsoft Office Programs.
- 40-hour Domestic Violence training required within 90 days of employment
- Fluent in Spanish preferred
The mission of WSLB is to eliminate domestic violence through compassionate intervention, education and personal empowerment. Since 1977, WomenShelter of Long Beach has helped thousands of families overcome the trauma caused by domestic abuse. WSLB assists victims and their children by providing safe housing and supportive services including supportive housing, 24-hour crisis hotline, counseling, social services support, legal and health advocacy, and much more. To learn more, visit: www.wslb.org.
Please send resume and cover letter to Anthony Marquez, HR Coordinator at HR@womenshelterlb.org.
The WomenShelter of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.