OUTREACH AND EDUCATION COORDINATOR (WomenShelter of Long Beach )
Be the Change You Want to See:
WomenShelter of Long Beach is currently seeking a full-time, dedicated, and visionary Outreach and Education Coordinator! You will collaborate with the Director of Outreach and Education on a variety of projects and events that further the domestic violence prevention, education, and early intervention work of WSLB. You will serve as a liaison between the public and WSLB to help facilitate the accessibility of domestic violence education in the community.
- Facilitate outreach presentations on domestic violence, teen dating violence, intimate partner violence, sexual assault and consent to high education institutions and community agencies
- Identify opportunities to partner with community organizations on special events and presentations
- Support all Outreach Department events and presentations during national awareness months (teen dating violence, sexual assault, domestic violence, PRIDE)
- Assist in preparing for and conducting WSLB’s 40-Hour Domestic Violence Advocate Training three times a year
- Support the development and execution of social media content that aligns with WSLB events, national awareness months, and initiatives
- Attend collaborative meetings concerning domestic violence services in the community Assist with tabling at various community events and keep track of sign in sheets
- And more!
- High School Diploma, college experience preferred
- 1 year of professional experience, preferably in outreach and education or public relations
- Computer skills; fluent in Microsoft Office Programs; experience with Illustrator and Graphics
- 40-Hour DV Training required within 90 days of employment
- Spanish speaking preferred
Since 1977, WomenShelter of Long Beach has helped thousands of families overcome the trauma caused by domestic abuse. WSLB assists victims and their children by providing safe housing and supportive services including supportive housing, 24-hour crisis hotline, counseling, social services support, legal and health advocacy, and much more.
To learn more, visit: www.wslb.org
Please send resume and cover letter to Anthony Marquez, HR Coordinator at HR@womenshelterlb.org
The WomenShelter of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.