Outreach and Education Coordinator (WOMENSHELTER LONG BEACH)
The Outreach and Education Coordinator will be responsible for meeting all identified goals intended to enhance the organization’s presence in the community. They will work on a variety of projects and events that further the domestic violence prevention, education and early intervention work of WSLB. The role of the Outreach and Education Coordinator is to act as a liaison between the public and WSLB in order to facilitate the accessibility of domestic violence education in the community. Under the general direction of the Associate Director, the Outreach and Education Coordinator will oversee volunteers and interns.
Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
- Develop and implement an outreach and community engagement plan to broaden the agency’s Outreach and Education Department
- Implement innovative partnerships and programs in conjunction with educational institutions, local business groups and service organizations to raise awareness
- Design, develop, and produce training curriculum, awareness and outreach materials
- Track income and expenses and establish budgets for outreach activities. Provide status reports relative to grants
- Create social media and marketing materials for company website and distribution
- Conduct client interviews in order to assess program development and WSLB service
- Assist with the development of program materials for volunteers, clients and community members
- Draft and prepare written correspondence
- Know, understand, and observe mandated reporting requirements and file reports with the appropriate authorities as required by law
- Coordinate, facilitate, and participate in community events, programs, fundraisers, and other various forums
- Network, maintain, and expand partnerships with other community organizations, as it relates to the department’s activities
- Oversee and develop the agency’s Intern and Volunteer Programs.
- Maintain adequate documentation of outreach, fundraising, and evaluation data. Documentation may include database management, maintenance of client files, service counts, log sheets, timecards, and any other data required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services, Social Science, or related field preferred
- 1 year of professional experience, preferably in outreach and education or public relations
- 40-hour training required within 90 days of employment
- Computer skills. Fluent with Microsoft Office Programs. Experience with Illustrator.
Bilingual in Spanish. Strong comfort level with public speaking and representing the agency. Detail oriented and skillful in graphic design. Strong work ethic, self-directed, able to coordinate multiple tasks, and highly motivated. Ability to prepare and maintain confidential records.
Please send resume and cover letter to Amy Micheo, HR Coordinator at email@example.com
The WomenShelter of Long Beach is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to fostering diversity within its staff. Applications are encouraged from all persons regardless of their race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical/physical/mental condition, pregnancy/childbirth and related medical condition, age, marital status, or veteran status.