Office Assistant (Christian Outreach in Action)
Job Summary – Office Assistant
The downtown Long Beach community and surrounding areas are heavily impacted by increasing poverty and homelessness. Christian Outreach in Action (COA) serves those in need through hot meals, clothing, diapers, free legal advice, holiday assistance, community outreach events and more – with minimal requirements and completely free of cost. This is a very fast paced and rewarding non-profit to work with, which makes it essential to have an empathetic, friendly and productive attitude.
• Answer phone calls in a pleasant and professional manner, directing callers and answering questions as needed.
• Perform light bookkeeping by handling and keeping track of petty cash.
• Offer administrative and clerical support (managing filing systems, record information as needed, maintaining office equipment as needed, take memos, maintain files, organize documents, make copies, etc.) and manage daily administrative activities.
• Order, maintain and inventory office supplies as necessary.
• Meet and greet guests and walk-ins with a smile and friendly disposition, answering questions or directing them to the proper department or individual.
• Handle all incoming and outgoing deliveries, including signing for them, calling for pickup, confirming delivery.
• Help maintain the appearance of the office.
• Assist in planning events, luncheons, and special projects.
• Schedule meetings and facilitate as necessary.
• Help create, maintain, and enter information into databases.
• Update cooking calendars and organize schedules.
• Coordinate schedules, duties, files, and timesheets of temporary workers.
• Volunteer Coordinating – Includes sourcing and recruiting volunteers for regular services and events, manage schedules for activities, assign responsibilities as appropriate, keep and manage records of volunteers’ information and work, etc.
• Perform any other tasks needed to support Executive Director.
Job Skills & Qualifications
• At least one year of experience as an office assistant or similar capacity
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel);
scheduling appointments/updating calendars
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Highly organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment
• Bachelor’s or associate degree
To apply, resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org