Membership and Database Coordinator (Long Beach Museum of Art)
This part-time position is responsible for maintaining the museum’s membership program and donor database, including all gift/data entry from all sources into Raiser’s Edge. This position coordinates a comprehensive membership program and manages activities and communications, which includes creating queries, reports, mail merges and acknowledgements. The person in this role acts as a primary contact for membership, providing excellent customer service and proactive problem solving. The position reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and works with all museum employees and departments as necessary. Other duties, as needed, may include assisting with Museum events and programs. Candidates must be comfortable with data processing and interfacing regularly with members, patrons and business constituents.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the integrity and accuracy of the donor/membership database Raiser’s Edge.
- Organize and manage the membership program including the development and coordination of benefits and retention strategies.
- Process all gifts and memberships received by the Museum, accurately and in a timely manner using the Raiser’s Edge database.
- Manage membership processes: prepare and mail member/new member packets, renewals and benefits; respond to membership inquiries and send membership information to potential members.
- Produce reports and queries, i.e. track membership acquisition and retention, event attendance, fundraising results and financial outcomes as requested by the Director of Institutional Advancement and Executive Director.
- Generate mailing lists (email and physical mail) for all museum-related events and communications.
- Work with Raiser’s Edge tech support to keep Raiser’s Edge software updated.
- Assist with member-exhibition previews and special events, as needed.
- Other tasks as directed by the Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Maintains complete confidentiality of all Museum information.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Proven proficiency with Raiser’s Edge software
- Comfortable with data base management
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and 3+ years’ relevant experience. Membership experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to work well with staff and volunteers
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and quality expectations
- Other incidental duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- This is an office environment position; ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
This is a part-time, non-exempt hourly employee. Occasional weekend and evening work.
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to Allan Lee, Director of Human Resources. Email: email@example.com. No phone calls please.