MARKETING SPECIALIST (THE JOSEPHINE S. GUMBINER FOUNDATION – JSGF)
Part Time – 16 hours per week
The Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation (JSGF) was established in 1989 to support nonprofit organizations that enrich the lives of women and children in Long Beach.
The JSGF is looking to hire an experienced and creative Marketing Specialist, for 15 – 20 hours per week. The successful candidate will be assisting with the implementation of Long Beach Gives (LBG), a one day, crowd sourced funding campaign, along with providing assistance to the Executive Director with ongoing grant making activities. In coordination with The Nonprofit Partnership’s LBG capacity building training program, the candidate will be overseeing the efforts of participating nonprofits to ensure that they deliver a strong and compelling fundraising message through the implementation of a unified social media strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the implementation of social media strategies and message calendars for nonprofit organizations participating in LBG.
- Assist with grant making activities of the JSGF, including website oversight, proposal processing and interaction with the Board of Directors.
- Assist in the creation of a community wide LBG print media campaign, in collaboration with the crowd source fundraising firm, Funraise and the LBG steering committee.
- Manage nonprofit partners to ensure consistent brand messaging, including narratives focusing on impacts and solutions targeted at potential donors.
- Support the LBG steering committee on the establishment and implementation of campaign policies and social media criteria.
- College degree and 1 – 2 years in the nonprofit sector or knowledge of the sector
- Open to a variety of responsibilities to suit the business needs of JSGF and LBG.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong planning and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with good time-management skills
- Experience working with media and the ability to create and edit graphs a plus!
To be considered for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and include the best way and time to reach you. Job posting will close on March 15, 2019
The Josephine S. Gumbiner Foundation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.