Marketing Specialist (Grand Vision Foundation)
Job Title: Marketing Specialist
Compensation: Full Time, Salaried, $48K-$55K plus benefits
Date of Hire: Summer/Fall 2021
Reports to: Deputy/Artistic Director
Grand Vision Foundation was formed twenty-five years ago to save the historic Warner Grand Theatre in San Pedro, CA and create an arts hub in the LA Harbor Area. Today, Grand Vision is an arts presenting nonprofit with three primary projects: an annual live music and event series at the Grand Annex, a 150-seat theater in the heart of San Pedro’s Arts District; Meet the Music, an 18-month music curriculum for Harbor Area elementary school students and the continued preservation and promotional support for the Warner Grand Theatre.
The Marketing Specialist is responsible for the creation and timely implementation of a marketing plan for all promotional materials for Grand Vision’s concerts, events, and campaigns. This includes all print and digital advertising and the creation, design, posting and oversight for all social media. The Marketing Specialist is also responsible for monitoring marketing analytics and making informed adjustments based on findings.
- Take a leadership role in maximizing ticket sales for all Grand Vision events.
- Develop and coordinate a production plan to promote Grand Vision’s events and programs including:
o Developing online and social media strategy, producing/writing weekly email and social media posts.
o Coordinating the distribution of printed & online ads.
o Developing and executing annual online fundraising campaigns including Giving Tuesday.
o Monitoring and updating Grand Vision website’s content and enews responses.
- Create and/or edit video content for social media and for virtual events.
- Represent Grand Vision at public events and develop marketing partnerships with related organizations.
- Master and utilize Patron Manager (Salesforce) CRM; create reports and mailing lists.
- Manage Social Media Intern.
- Other marketing and outreach projects as needed.
● Assist with Grand Vision Foundation special events and fundraisers.
● Be willing to work overtime or otherwise adjust schedule to include evening or we
● Bachelor’s degree. Music business studies preferred.
● 1-2 years of experience with marketing, social media, and event planning or concert production.
● Ability to work weekends and evenings.
● Creative and self-motivated thinker with a positive attitude.
● Basic Knowledge of Photoshop, Google Docs, and general proficiency with technology.
● Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral.
● Experience with CRM software, Square POS Systems a plus.
● Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
● Pension plan, up to 3% match (November 2021 open period).
● Employee chooses from available pre-selected health plans; GVF contributes a portion of premium.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2021
To apply, please email the following in ONE PDF document to Ms Taran Schindler: a cover letter, resume, and a 1-2 page writing sample (acceptable samples: academic paper, blog post, news article or press release) to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as requested to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.