Marketing Manager (Casa Youth Shelter)
The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing effective strategies to advance the mission and brand recognition of Casa Youth Shelter (CYS), leading an integrated program that increases awareness and incorporates brand management, print collateral, website presence, social media channels, digital communications, special events promotions, direct mailings, and media relations. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Marketing Manager is an active, collaborative member of the Casa Youth Shelter Management Team. This position frequently interacts with Casa Youth Shelter’s Board of Directors, staff, donors, volunteers, and the public.
- Development and implementation of a formal articulated Marketing and Communications Plan that integrates all agency marketing efforts and provides for a sequenced approach to marketing and communications activities
- Management of the Casa Youth Shelter brand, maintaining quality and consistency throughout all aspects of the marketing and communications plan
- Management of Casa Youth Shelter website including overseeing outside vendors, performance reporting and analysis, SEO, Google Ads, and content updates
- Management of Casa Youth Shelter social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn), including managing and scheduling content, content creation, posting, and performance reporting and analysis
- Management of monthly email newsletter campaign including content creation, layout, deployment, and reporting and analysis, segmenting lists, and management of occasional targeted email campaigns during the year
- Management of Casa Youth Shelter web presence on third-party websites like Google My Business, GreatNonprofits, and 211
- Creation and management of annual impact report newsletter mailing
- Oversee design and production of all printed and digital marketing collateral materials including administrative, program and outreach materials, fund development mailings, special event promotional materials such as formal invitations, postcards and mailings, brochures, posters, banners, outdoor signage, etc.
- Support before, during, and after special events including event promotion, print materials, informal/candid photography, networking, signage, and other tasks as needed
- Cultivation and maintenance of relationships with members of the local media
- Creation and delivery of press releases
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Strong planning, project, and time management skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Established ability to meet deadlines and keep accurate records
- Enthusiasm and passion for mission-driven work
- Ability to link organizational objectives to marketing and communications program goals in an environment with quickly shifting priorities and high expectations
- Ability to think strategically, to actively seek opportunities and propose solutions to challenges that may arise
- Possess knowledge of marketing techniques and resources for nonprofit organizations
- Energetic and positive demeanor, demonstrating compassion and flexibility
- Minimum of 3 years marketing administrative experience, preferably in a nonprofit environment
- Experience developing and implementing effective marketing strategies
- Experience writing effective press releases, social media posts, email campaigns, and newsletters
- Experience in creative design for promotional purposes
- Proficiency in Constant Contact, DonorPerfect, WordPress, MS Office, and Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Pass a full background check from the FBI and California Community Care Licensing
- Provide educational transcripts, evidence of healthcare clearance, recent negative TB test, current positive DMV driving record, and proof of insurance coverage
- Availability to work occasional evenings, weekends, and early mornings
Salary and Benefits
This is a part-time, hourly position – approximately 28 hours per week. We anticipate a starting rate in the range of $25-$30 per hour, depending on qualifications, with the following benefits:
• 24 hours paid sick leave per calendar year
• Monthly stipend for use of personal cell phone
• Aflac available
• Flexible work schedule and opportunities for occasional remote work are possible, however complete remote work is not possible for this role.
Casa Youth Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Casa Youth Shelter welcomes applications from qualified candidates. Please email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Please include “Marketing Manager Application” in the subject line. Review of qualifications will begin on March 5, 2021.
About Casa Youth Shelter
Our Mission: Casa Youth Shelter serves and nurtures youth in crisis with shelter, counseling, and support services, empowering them to come through their crisis with increased confidence, stability, and tools for continued growth. We envision a community where all adolescents in crisis have a safe place to stay, in an environment that promotes personal growth and healthy relationships.
Our Services: For 42+ years, Casa Youth Shelter has successfully provided immediate care, shelter, and mental health services to youth in crisis. Casa Youth Shelter provides 24/7, year-round emergency shelter care to youth, ages 12-17, experiencing homelessness, abuse, and other crises. Our program includes 12 licensed beds in a homelike setting, daily home-cooked meals, professional counseling (individual, family, and group), life skills classes, educational tutoring, expressive therapies, parenting classes for the youth’s parents, and case management services to assist with housing, food, employment, and educational needs. Upon exit, clients receive aftercare counseling (individual and family) and continued access to parenting classes, a teen drop-in group, and case management services, for at least three months, and up to one year post-exit. While we welcome residents from anywhere, our primary catchment areas include cities throughout Orange and Los Angeles Counties where poverty and homelessness are prevalent. We are located in Los Alamitos, CA.