Manager of Individual Giving (Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles)
REPORTS TO: Director of Individual Giving
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) is seeking a qualified candidate to maintain and grow funding from high net-worth individuals through effective identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. Under the direction of the Director of Individual Giving, the Manager of Individual Giving will also work to expand the affiliate’s Planned Giving Program. Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles has been an active affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International for more than 20 years. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. On average, the affiliate builds and renovates 100 homes in the Los Angeles region, ranking it among the largest affiliates nationwide.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift and planned gift prospects and donors to solicit and secure five-figure and above donations.
• Manage a portfolio of approximately 200 high net-worth individuals. Demonstrating a sense of curiosity for donors, in order to “crack the code” of what compels each donor to give substantially by asking the right questions and personally adapt to meet the needs of donors.
• Work with Director of Individual Giving to develop strategies and campaigns to expand the Planned Giving Program, meeting regularly to review progress towards annual goals.
• Assist with all affiliate signature events; engage and cultivate major donors and prospects at signature and other donor events. Additionally, collaborate with team members in the planning and implementation of recognition/cultivation events for donors.
SUMMARY OF JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• 2-3 years of progressive fundraising experience, individual giving experience preferred; Consideration will be given to relatable sales experience in the for-profit marketplace
• Planned giving knowledge strongly preferred
• Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate levels of experience
• CFRE and master’s degree a plus
• Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
This is full-time position. Work schedule is Monday through Friday, 9AM – 6PM with some evening and weekends. Position requires local travel in the normal course of performing job duties with mileage reimbursement. Must have access to reliable transportation to perform job duties, valid driver’s license and meet the state required amount of personal automobile liability insurance.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION:
We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental , and vision coverage; life and AD&D insurance; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and 401(K) retirement plan and employee discount in our ReStores.
Compensation: DOE, Starting Salary: $55,000
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Jessie Angulo at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, enter the name of the position you are applying for.
Visit us at: www.habitatla.org Employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check and drug screen *Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other protected status and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.