Manager of Employment Services/ HCBS Program Evaluator (Westside Regional Center)
Position: Manager of Employment Services/HCBS Program Evaluator
Pay Range: Depends Upon Experience
Closing Date: Until Filled
To provide outreach and training to existing residential and non-residential services (i.e. day programs), clients, family support groups and WRC staff regarding the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Settings Final Rule
Essential Job Duties:
- Facilitate completion of provider self-assessments
- Work collaboratively to identify changes in existing programs that must be made in order to be in compliance with the HCBS Rule.
- Determine programs that may qualify for “heightened scrutiny”
- Collect and maintain data regarding all HCBS Final Rule activities
- Ensure compliance of proposals by service providers seeking funding from DDS to implement program changes
- Evaluate proposals by service providers seeking funding from DDS to implement program changes to be in compliance
- Ensure full compliance by all service providers with the HCBS Rule by March 2022
- During the course of carrying out primary duties, stay abreast of unmet service needs or additional service development that may be required to supplant or supplement existing services affected by the HCBS Rule
- Establish effective communication and teamwork with client services, resource development, vendorization and quality assurance staff, as well as the ability to network and collaborate with other outside agencies, including regional centers, licensing and DDS
- Oversee implementation and ongoing success of the WRC Employment First initiative, WRC Employment First Business Advisory Committee as well as network with local Chambers of Commerce, Rotaries and other community business organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in the social work, psychology, human development, sociology, public health, nursing or a related field plus three years of experience in developmental disabilities or a related field or a BA/BS degree and any combination of training and/or experience that could likely provide the desired knowledge and abilities. A Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
- Must have knowledge of the characteristics of individuals with developmental disabilities
- Knowledge of Title 17 and 22 as it relates to the provision of quality services to consumers
- Knowledge of the CMS HCBS Setting Rules effective March 17, 2014
- Knowledge of Employment First Initiatives
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Effective communication, problem-solving and interviewing techniques
- Ability to plan and organize own work and effectively oversee and manage the performance of others
- Intermediate level competence with Word and Excel as well as Advanced skills with Power Point and other presentation software
(This list is not all inclusive)
Examples of Competencies:
- Teamwork: values others, cooperates, is flexible, and collaborates.
- Respectful Communication: good reflective listening, has patience, manages own reactions, and ensures understanding.
- Professionalism: Respects the Agency and its employees, is positive, responds, follows through, and maintains appropriate boundaries.
- Acknowledges Differences: shows cultural awareness and is mindful of others.
- Continuous Learning: Is technically competent, demonstrates good judgment, maintains and builds upon current skills
A valid driver’s license and liability insurance coverage as required by Agency policy
Interview Procedure Guidelines:
Completion of an application will be required at the time of the interview. Only qualified applicants who have submitted a resume and cover letter will be considered for the interview process. The interview will cover education and experience requirements. To be considered for this vacancy depends on whether you have demonstrated, through various phases of the interview process, that you meet the minimum requirements. The final selection is made by the Director of the Department.
Current benefits plan features 3 weeks of vacation, 12 paid holidays, 12 sick days, CalPERS pension plan, health insurance with 100% company premium contribution for employee-only when selecting Kaiser HMO as well as 100% for employee-only dental coverage, Life, AD&D, LTD and STD. Westside pays generous employer premium contributions for all other medical plans and dependent coverage. We also offer various voluntary benefits, including vision, CalPERS 457, Flexible Spending plan, Voluntary Life benefit buy-up and dependent coverages for Life & AD&D insurance. Credit union memberships and recreation discounts are available as well.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Westside Regional Center
5901 Green Valley Circle
Culver City, CA 90230
No Phone Calls Please