Human Resources Compliance Coordinator (Long Beach Day Nursery)
Human Resources Compliance Coordinator
Position Summary: Do you have a passion for human resources and want to make a difference in the community? Form part of a dedicated team of solution-oriented professionals who seek to expand the scope, services, and impact to young children and families. The Human Resources (HR) Compliance Coordinator position is responsible for a variety of HR administrative duties. You will facilitate daily HR functions like recruiting, keeping track of employee records, employee relations and supporting administrative processes.
About LBDN: For over 108 years, LBDN has been a proven leader in the nonprofit and early childhood education (ECE) fields. Our mission, to “provide high quality early care and education to young children of working families”, is more critical now than ever, as the need for quality ECE services grow and research continues to prove the impact ECE has on the forward trajectory of young children and their families. The work we do is much more than child care; we provide a nationally accredited program, an intergenerational approach to eradicating poverty, and deliver a strong, equitable, and just foundation to our communities’ most vulnerable children.
Benefits & Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week) with an anticipated schedule of Monday – Friday.
• Rate of pay: $28 – $31.25 per hour
• Benefits: LBDN offers competitive benefits which include medical, dental, vision, sick leave, vacation, paid holidays and a 403b plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Leave and Benefits Administration:
• Responsible for all aspects of leave of absence management
• Manage group health benefits including employee questions, administration and open enrollment
• Work with Finance Director to track, ensure compliance, and report on ACA
• Manage COBRA benefits and communicate with third party COBRA administrator
Administration and Process Flows:
• Implement compliance programs and HR policies
• Assist payroll department by providing relevant employee information
• Oversee workers’ compensation claims from incident to closure
• Track required employee trainings and ensure compliance
Employee Handbook, Policies, and Support:
• Ensure HR implementation is in alignment with Employee Handbook
• Annually review employee handbook make suggestions for updates
• Conduct workplace investigations in adherence to California law and regulations
Records of Employment Data:
• Maintain employee files and ensure proper retention
• Ensure new hire paperwork is completed, in compliance and processed
• Review unemployment claims, EDD paperwork, and draft responses for Executive Director approval
• Respond to employment verification requests
Communicate Effectively with Employees:
• Communicate HR processes tied to compliance programs
• Explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, and standards to employees
• Respond to HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance as needed
• 1-3 years of human resources experience in a similar role
• BS/BA in Business Administration or relevant field preferred
• Additional education in Human Resource Management preferred
• Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices
• Knowledge of and experience with health benefits administration
• Knowledge of California Wage and Hour and HR Regulations.
• Knowledge of HR data base administration – ADP experience preferred
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Friendly and willing to assist
• Personable and caring on the phone and in face-to-face contacts
• Organized, detail-oriented, persistent in finding solutions
• Skilled in grammar, punctuation, spelling, and the composition of correspondence
• Excellent organizational, time and focus management skills
At LBDN, our work is rewarding and our culture is supportive, inclusive, innovative, and fun! If this opportunity excites
you, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com for review. Thank you for your interest!