Housing Program Aide (Rainbow Services)
San Pedro, CA
Job Type: Full-time
Rainbow Services, Ltd. is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that provides comprehensive, trauma informed services to survivors of domestic violence and their children.
The Housing Program Aide provides administrative support to Rainbow’s Community Housing Team. The Housing Program Aide performs data entry, maintains files, and interacts with Community Housing participants, as needed, to provide information about available services and support. This person also helps establish relationships with vendors, including landlords, and temporary housing businesses, such as hotels.
- Answer telephone calls and provide information to participants and vendors, as needed.
- Schedule appointments.
- Provide referral information to participants and co-workers, as needed.
- Create and maintain various electronic resource lists and binders.
- Maintain the housing donations list and assist with processing housing donations.
- Work with housing program donors to support the donation process of goods or funds.
- Assist with audit preparation.
- Update community housing forms, booklets, and packets.
- Work independently and with others on special projects, which may include planning and coordinating presentations, disseminating information, and developing activities and workshops.
- File paperwork and enter data, as needed.
- Maintain agency databases related to housing programs and generate reports.
- Serve as a liaison between the Community Housing and Finance departments to ensure the accuracy of funding requests.
- Support Front Office staff, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Interest in and commitment to addressing social justice issues affecting families and vulnerable groups.
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Some college education preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially with Word and Excel programs.
- Data entry experience required.
- Flexibility with work assignments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service skills highly desired.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S. required.
- California Driver License required.
- 40-hour state mandated domestic violence training required (provided by Rainbow Services).
Compensation: $17.50 per hour
Apply here. Please include cover letter and resume.
It is the policy of Rainbow Services to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons without regard for their race, age, color, physical handicap or disability, military service record, religion, gender, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected category and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity.