Grants Manager (Boys & Girls Clubs of Long Beach)
TITLE: Grants Manager
PERFORMANCE PROFILE SOURCE: Management Professional
DEPARTMENT: Administrative/Resource Development
REPORTS TO: Executive Director/Chief of Staff
SALARY: $40k-$50k DOE
BGCLB seeks creative, experienced and outstanding Grants Manager. This is a unique opportunity requiring a strong self-sufficient skill set and an entrepreneurial attitude. The successful candidate, under supervision of the Executive Director/Chief of Staff, will be responsible for researching, tracking and managing the submission of funding proposals to corporate, foundation, individuals, businesses, government entities, and other sources of funding for the Five Core Program areas of Education, Arts & Culture, Health & Life Skills, Character & Leadership, and Fitness, Athletics & Social Recreation and general operating expenses.
- Identify likely funding sources for organization and programs through research and analysis of grant-making companies, private foundations and government organizations.
- Manage grant consultant(s).
- Manage grants calendar/workbook.
- Compile, write, and edit all grant applications exhibiting strong expository writing skills with a high-level command of grammar and spelling.
- Prepare written materials for all grant applications in support of fundraising efforts including documents such as proposals, letters of inquiry, budgets and general correspondence.
- Review the budget of all projects or programs for which funding is sought and make recommendations for better presentation to grant-making organizations and foundations.
- Gather data from appropriate staff and complete the preparation of progress and final funding reports that are required by funders.
- Ensure applications are well-written, accurate, completed in a timely manner and compliant with the requirements of the funding opportunities with minimal supervision.
- Conducting follow up communications with grant-makers during their review process in order to supply additional supportive material.
- Manage donor acknowledgement system, filing system and master grant calendar.
Successful candidates should demonstrate:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience on a year for year basis
- Demonstrated organizational, staff, and project management abilities
- Two+ years of grant writing experience.
- Ability to convey vision and commitment to the organization’s mission.
- Superior writing, speaking, and listening skills.
- Excellent proof-reading skills.
- Knowledge of accounting principles as they relate to fundraising issues.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate a variety of data.
- Ability to participate as a team player to coordinate grant projects.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines for grant opportunities.
Internal: Maintain close daily contact with club management to exchange information, seek and give assistance, consultation and direction. Maintain contact with financial staff and support staff. Maintain verbal and written contact with volunteers and volunteer committees.
External: Maintain contact with community and corporate leaders, schools, media and local residents to seek financial support and provide information regarding club activities and needs.
SEND RESUMES TO:
Joy Lodevico, Chief of Staff