Fund Development Associate (Fisher House Southern California, Inc)
Position: Fund Development Associate
Position Available: Immediately
Supervision: Fund Development Associate will report to the Executive Director
Summary of Organization:
Fisher House Southern California, Inc. is a non-profit organization that provides ongoing support of four Fisher Houses located at: VA-Long Beach Medical Center; Camp Pendleton Naval Medical Center; and Navy Medical Center San Diego. A Fisher House provides temporary lodging for families of military and veterans, allowing them to stay close by, while their loved one is being treated for an injury or illness at a military or VA medical facility.
Summary of Job Description:
The Fund Development Associate is responsible for helping to grow the annual giving program and accompanying database of donors including reporting and list management. The Fund Development Associate will play an important role in helping to strengthen the organization’s outreach and stewardship efforts, working to support volunteer and donor needs. We are looking for a creative, engaged individual with strong writing skills, donor data base proficiency, and social-media savvy. Individual must be comfortable working independently and remotely. The right person will have at least three years of demonstrated success in a professional field, preferably related to non-profit work.
The responsibilities of the Fund Development Associate will include, but are not limited to:
Fund Development and Program Support:
• Enters donations in donor database; maintains accurate donor data base.
• Prepares timely donor acknowledgment letters and communications.
• Creates monthly fundraising reports and dashboards.
• Prepares donor lists for direct mail appeals, events, and targeted campaigns.
• Maintains donor tracking system for individual donors and grantors.
• Records Board minutes and Board actions; Prepares Committee meeting minutes
• Assembles board, donor and prospective new board member materials/binders.
• Provides support to various committees and volunteers.
• Maintains files of the organization.
• Conducts preliminary research on prospective corporate, foundation, individual donors, and board prospects as needed.
Events and Volunteers
• Creates invitations for receptions, events.
• Assists with the creation of guest lists and confirm guest participation.
• Organizes registration materials and other duties.
• Coordinates pre-event and on-site event execution, and follow-up.
• Coordinates volunteer opportunities as needed.
Communications / social media
• Sends out meeting notices and materials to the Board and committees
• Communicates with donors as needed to verify data, etc.
• Stays current with organization’s social media platforms.
Required Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 3+ years experience in non-profit related field preferred
• Working knowledge and proficiency with relevant software applications including MS
Office Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, donor software applications (eTapestry,
• Working knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube)
• Excellent customer service orientation
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Data management
• Works well with volunteers and donors
• Adept at organizing and planning, and prioritizing work
• Able to work independently with minimal supervision
• Able to maintain confidentiality
• Professional demeanor with a proven drive to succeed
Please forward Resume and Cover Letter BY AUGUST 2, 2021 to:
Linda Rahn, Executive Director
Fisher House Southern California, Inc.