FT MEMBERSHIP MANAGER (Friends of Cabrillo Marine Aquarium)
Friends of Cabrillo Marine Aquarium in San Pedro is looking for a FT Membership Manager
Must enjoy working with people and have the confidence to initiate and maintain relationships with donors as well as volunteers. Must be flexible, creative, detail-oriented and adept at working independently on multiple projects. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proficiency in office and database software preferred as well as event experience. Evenings and weekends required for events.
Strategic Relationship Management
- Develop and manage a communications plan with Partner-level members ($1,000 or more annually) with a goal of retaining support and exploring planned giving.
- Identify and cultivate second-tier members with a goal of upgrading support.
- Coordinate on-site messaging and presence at CMA events, including Whale Fiesta, Earth Day, Autumn Sea Fair, Sea Scare, grunion runs and other special days/weeks.
- Plan and execute membership events, including: Birds and Bees Under the Seas (Valentine’s Day), a new member event, a members-only Grunion Run, six Discovery Lecture Series receptions and a Partner Appreciation event.
- Maintain relationships with Corporate Circle members, with a goal of engaging them further to sponsor events and participate in volunteer opportunities.
- Manage membership campaigns and special promotions (i.e. Groupon).
- Schedule and produce mail and email renewals and acknowledgements.
- Track membership retention, upgrades and lapses and prepare monthly board report.
- Receive membership dues and process new/renewing members
- Manage the member database.
- Develop and update membership content for website, email correspondence and social media.
- Participate in the design and production of brochures, postcards, promotional items.
- Process membership donations to other organizations.
- Attend Membership Roundtable and other training.
- FCMA Development responsibilities as assigned.
- Help to plan and executive the Grand Grunion Gala, the Friends’ major annual fundraiser.
Please send cover letter and resume to the attention of Charmaine Williams to: email@example.com