Friends of Pathways Director and Fund Developer (Pathways to Independence)
The mission of Pathways to Independence is to transform the lives of disadvantaged single young women through education, therapy, mentoring, housing and healthcare, to break the cycle of poverty and abuse.
Pathways to Independence seeks a full-time, Friends of Pathways Director and Fund Developer to join our small but dedicated team. Friends of Pathways, aka “FOP”, is the main fundraising arm of Pathways to Independence, raising a major portion of the operating budget through an annual fundraising event and other avenues, such as peer to peer campaigns and sponsorships. FOP is an all-volunteer association of as many as 100 members each year.
Employment type: Full-time, Exempt
Position reports to: Executive Director
Salary range: $65,000-$80,000
Benefits: Health and Dental/Vision insurance coverage, and a partially remote working environment
The FOP Director and Fund Developer will be responsible for leading current fundraising activities and developing and expanding fundraising strategies for philanthropic support for Friends of Pathways. He/She/They will manage fundraising event planning and execution, develop new sponsors, research strategies for additional fund raising and implement new fundraising activities. He/She/They will be responsible for achieving all set fundraising goals through building relationships with individual donors, foundations, and corporate funders, as well as develop strategic marketing and communications plans in collaboration with the FOP Steering Committee. A critical element of the position is to manage and lead FOP to insure a successful annual event.
Develop and implement an ongoing comprehensive, strategic fundraising plan with specific, measurable goals that will enable FOP to continue fundraising with the main annual event and to diversify and increase unrestricted funding as part of Pathways’ development team.
- Cultivate existing donor relationships as assigned, insuring a seamless succession of leadership
- Plan and execute major fundraising event annually
- Manage FOP Volunteer Steering Committee and FOP Volunteers providing clear communication and direction
- Create and oversee marketing and publicity for annual event
- Plan and manage event budget to meet financial fundraising goals
- Develop performance measures, create reports, and evaluate effectiveness of FOP’s fundraising success, analyze results and act on improvements
- Maintain databases as needed for donor tracking, communications and record keeping
- Write and submit grants as appropriate and assigned
- Develop new sponsorships, corporate donors, and other sources of fundraising revenue
- Represent Pathways to Independence and Friends of Pathways internally and externally, advancing our mission and visibility
- Work collaboratively as part of the Pathways to Independence fundraising team
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Is enthusiastic and engaging
Has 3-5 years minimum fundraising experience
Has experience working with nonprofits
Has experience managing volunteers and volunteer groups
Is flexible and enjoys engaging positively and proactively with a variety of people and groups
Is connected through personal residence or networks to the Long Beach, LA, or OC area
Is able to work weekends and evenings as needed to represent the organization at community events
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Elizabeth Hogrebe at email@example.com