Foundation Assistant – Part-Time (Long Beach City College Foundation)
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Start Date: February 21, 2022
Pay: $20-$25 per hour
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
To support the Foundation Executive Director, Foundation staff and Board of Governors and all office-related issues. To ensure that all communications are handled quickly, efficiently and accurately.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage the Board of Governors through use of an online portal. This includes agendas, notes, catering, calendaring, and timely communication.
- Greet all visitors when they enter the Foundation office.
- Pick up and answer or distribute as needed all phone messages left on the Foundation general phone.
- Pick up and answer or distribute as needed all emails sent to the Foundation general email address.
- Process and distribute mail. Pick up mail from the Mail Room if needed.
- Log all incoming checks and cash gifts/payments.
- File all Foundation paperwork as needed. Help with implementation of electronic records.
- Call donors as needed.
- Member of the stewardship team.
- May order office supplies.
- Enter all manual (written) credit cards gifts/payments in online gift information form. Run physical cards through credit card machine as necessary.
- Maintain electronics copies of W-9 forms in password protected directory. Print copies of W-9 forms as needed.
- Support the Foundation Executive Director and Foundation team as needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, together with the ability to work collaboratively and courteously with Foundation and College colleagues, alumni, other constituents and the public and community at large.
- Knowledge of LBCC as an integral educational institution and economic driver in the region.
- Flexibility and initiative, as well as the ability to work independently, combined with the skills for thriving in a team environment.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadline.
- Strong facility and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites (Word, Excel, PPT, etc.) electronic database.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and a commitment to serving the college community.
Education and Experience
A minimum of five years of directly applicable experience, including employment with a related professional experience and/or a not for profit board.
Experience in philanthropy preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations
Valid California driver’s license and a driving record acceptable to the Foundation for insurance purposes.
Application Instructions: Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com