Executive Director (Precious Lamb Preschool)
Precious Lamb Preschool July 15, 2021
Executive Director (full-time, exempt)
Reports to: Board of Directors
Precious Lamb Preschool (PL) is a 501(C)(3) non-profit founded in 1999. For almost twenty years the agency has provided high-quality, faith-based early education to children experiencing homelessness in the greater Long Beach area. The children served range in age from 18 months to 5 years old. All are living in local shelters programs or transitional housing. At no cost to the parent, the children receive full day education and care while parents are pursuing their education, employment or housing. In some cases parents are receiving mental health support. Precious Lamb has a unique 1:4 teacher to child ratio and has its own in-house food program. Support to the children and their parents is provided by skilled early education teachers, resource teachers and on staff social workers providing holistic care. Precious Lamb has grown tremendously over the years and continues to expand services in order to better meet the needs of its families and community. To learn more, visit www.preciouslamb.org.
Precious Lamb Preschool is seeking a dynamic and passionate Executive Director to lead the organization.
This individual will be the “glue” that holds all teams, programs and the board of directors together. They will
provide oversight for all personnel, programs, fundraising and partnerships. This unique individual sought after will serve as a bridge between the agency’s strategic vision for the future and the architect who keeps the organization functioning at a steady pace, while helping to achieve the accomplishment of tactical goals.
Precious Lamb is looking for someone to lead with high emotional intelligence, through servant leadership, with exceptional cultural competency, and to embrace our core values of Integrity, Dignity and Compassion.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
• Oversight of PL’s operating procedures to be in compliance with Title 22 and State Licensing for childcare centers
• Oversight of all PL programs- classroom, mentoring, scholarship, volunteer, and annual family events
• Oversight of PL’s annual budget and all fundraising strategies, goals and events and play a key role in all fundraising efforts
• Work closely with the Board Chair and the Board of Directors, provide monthly reports and communicate as needed
• Collaborate and cultivate relationships with community partners, organizations, businesses, and donors
• Oversight of all HR, personnel issues and provide support and training for staff
• Oversee, plan and implement all marketing strategies and continual communication with donors and partners
• Provide and help manage a healthy, respectful and caring culture for all staff and families that is committed to the well-being of all children, staff, volunteers, partners and donors
The ideal candidate should possess:
• Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Strong public speaking skills
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Strong computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite
• Ability to multi-task and quickly create solutions, as well as support teachers and staff when needed
• Passion, or a willingness to learn, about the demographics we serve: at-risk, homeless youth and their families
• Ability to work well and manage various teams and work well with a diverse community
• Minimum 5 years non-profit and/or executive level/supervisory experience
• Knowledge of early education and development, crisis intervention, case management preferred
• Grant writing, event planning and fundraising experience a plus
• A basic understanding of Donor Perfect or other CRM’s
Salary range: $75,000 – $85,000 and is commensurate with education and experience
Benefits include: health coverage, flexible schedule, 4 weeks paid while PL is closed for breaks as well as up to 2 weeks of accrued vacation annually
To apply: Send cover letters and resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org