Executive Director (LONG BEACH CITY COLLEGE FOUNDATION)
Long Beach City College Foundation is an independent 501(c)(3) charitable organization with the purpose of providing financial support from the community for the benefit of LBCC. The Foundation is seeking to hire a full-time Executive Director who will oversee and direct all aspects of the Foundation including administration operations, fundraising, staff/consultants, and outreach to the community. The position reports to the LBCC Foundation Board of Governors (BOG) through the Foundation Board President. The Executive Director works closely with the BOG, Foundation Staff, College Superintendent-President, College Administration, Board of Trustees and Consultants.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Leadership: Leads the BOG and staff in overseeing and implementing the Foundation’s strategic plan and ensuring that its goals are met.
- Fundraising: Ensures an effective and efficient short and long term development plan is in place and implemented to meet Foundation needs.
- Marketing and Communication: Establishes and implements a robust communication plan to engage the community and generate donor support.
- Financial Administration: Ensures appropriate financial controls and systems are in place to maintain ethical and accurate financial reports.
- Organizational Sustainability: Oversees the Foundation to ensure organizational transparency and accountability in all aspects of the organization.
- Personnel Management: Responsible for hiring, supervising and evaluating all Foundation personnel.
- Board of Governors: Engages and partners with the BOG toward the achievement of annual goals and objectives.
- Collaboration: Works closely with College Administration and Board of Trustees to ensure goals of the Foundation and College are aligned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (required), Master’s degree preferred in nonprofit management, education, public administration, or related field.
- Significant years of senior-level management and proven track record in comprehensive fundraising and resource development, financial and investment management, strategic planning, public relations/communications, and employee supervision and evaluation.
- Experience in working with and inspiring volunteers and community based organizations.
- Exceptional initiative, vision and ambition to lead a vibrant philanthropy program.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create effective and compelling donor materials and present in front of large audiences.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, and ethics in the performance and duties of the Executive Director.
- Evening and weekend hours will be required as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- The salary range for this position is $130,000-$160,000.
- Includes health and retirement benefits.
A more detailed Job Description is available at www.lbcc.edu/foundation
Interested applicants, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 7, 2019