Executive Director (Jericho Road Pasadena)
Jericho Road Pasadena’s mission is to bridge communities by matching the professional talents of volunteers with the goals of community-based nonprofit organizations in Pasadena and the greater San Gabriel Valley. Since 2010, we have been positively impacting the development of the nonprofit community, strengthening social services, and enriching the lives of volunteers. Now in our second decade of service to the community, we are looking for a leader to build on our success and help write the next chapter.
We have three areas of focus:
- Skills-based volunteering: We connect volunteer experts with nonprofits that offer critical services to underserved residents in their communities. By meeting the internal needs of these nonprofits free of charge – from strategic planning to marketing and IT – nonprofit staff can focus on stronger delivery of services, thereby building better communities. The value of these pro bono services in any given year is about $200,000.
- Board Training and Matching/Placement: We offer board training through a series of quarterly Effective Board workshops and we offer matching services to both workshop attendees and to community members who are looking for a new nonprofit board to join.
- Professional Development: We organize and serve as the fiscal sponsor for the Pasadena Executive Roundtable.
In partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director:
• directs, plans, organizes and administers Jericho Road Pasadena’s (JRP) operations, programs, projects with nonprofit partners, and initiatives in support of the strategic plan
• directs and coordinates the work of one full-time staff member, 125 pro-bono volunteers, and independent contractors
• works closely with the Board to lead fund development, communications, and strategy
• represents JRP at events and in interactions with volunteers, nonprofits, donors and the community
• Passion for JRP’s mission which encompasses volunteerism, service, and community development
• Expertise in nonprofit management solutions, organizational consulting, and/or capacity building
• Strong executive director skills including leadership, fundraising, communications, and collaboration with the board
• Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse array of nonprofit partners, pro-bono volunteers, board members, staff, donors, and other key community stakeholders
• Experience working closely with and managing volunteers
• Ability to get results through working with others; empowers staff, volunteers, and board members; strong relationship management skills
• Knowledge of nonprofit finance, CRM, and other operations of a small nonprofit and/or business
• Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; shares JRP values
Annual salary is $65,000 – $80,000 dependent upon qualifications. Generous paid time off and holidays. Employer contribution towards health insurance.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Paul Costa, executive recruitment consultant, at email@example.com. No calls or inquiries to the JRP office please. Application deadline is Dec. 31, 2021.