Executive & Development Assistant (Grand Vision Foundation)
Grand Vision Foundation
434 W 6th St San Pedro, CA 90731
Job Title: Executive & Development Assistant
Compensation: up to $26/hr commensurate with experience
Job Type: Hourly/Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
About the Organization
Grand Vision Foundation is a non-profit arts presenting organization located in the heart of the growing San Pedro Waterfront Arts District, a 15-minute drive from Long Beach and 35 minutes from DTLA. Grand Vision’s mission is to inspire and engage the diverse Los Angeles Harbor/South Bay community through culturally inclusive arts and educational experiences centered on the historic Warner Grand Theatre (WGT) and the Grand Annex in downtown San Pedro, CA.
Founded in 1996, Grand Vision Foundation (GVF) is an arts presenting non-profit organization. GVF operates the Grand Annex, a 150-seat cabaret music venue and Meet the Music, an in-school music education curriculum for 4th & 5th graders who attend underserved schools in the Los Angeles Harbor Area. GVF is also known for saving and rehabilitating the historic art deco Warner Grand Theatre.
The Executive & Development Assistant is responsible for providing office, venue and event support services for Grand Vision Foundation as well as support for the Executive Director. This includes daily use of Patron Manager, administrative duties, maintaining office and facility, and supporting the E.D. and programs.
Job functions include:
Box Office Support (10 hrs/wk)
• Is the front line person to open the office, answer phones and greet and direct visitors.
• Is the primary person to take ticket orders over the telephone and in-person.
• Verifies ticket orders daily in Patron Manager. Performs ongoing data entry, updates and back-up.
Executive Support: Development Support/Fundraising and Special Events (15 hrs/wk)
• Makes direct cold and warm calls to solicit group ticket sales, donation and sponsorship opportunities.
• Coordinates aspects of fundraising events as assigned. Duties include but are not limited to solicitation of prizes, guest registration, sponsorships, support for ED, data input, correspondence, volunteer coordination, break room coordination, and other duties.
• Attends mornings and/or evening community meetings as needed.
• Assists with Membership program.
Executive Support: Administrative (5-10 hrs/wk)
• Assists Executive Director with day-to-day organization including but not limited to: mailings, correspondence, Board of Directors relations and Warner Grand Theatre restoration.
• Collects and distributes incoming mail, sends out outgoing mail.
• Assists with office systems and installation of hardware and software.
• Maintains office master calendar
• Plans and orders office and cleaning supplies.
• Assists with monthly Board meeting preparation.
Grand Vision/Grand Annex Venue Operations (5 hrs/wk)
• Assist with Grand Annex events set-up and serves as alternate house manager as needed.
• Provides support for the Grand Annex Venue rental program.
• Regularly reviews premises and keeps venue, office and kitchen areas tidy.
• Coordinates vendors for repairs and improvements and directs maintenance crews.
• Processes one-day ABC liquor licenses.
What to Expect
• Employee will work 9:00 am – 6:00 pm (hour lunch) in our office at 434 W. 6th St San Pedro, CA 90731. Some night and weekend work will be required, adjusting day-hours accordingly.
• A fast-paced, collaborative work environment.
• A high level of contact with senior staff, especially the Executive Director & Deputy/Artistic Director.
• Commitment to staff training, mentoring and leadership development.
• Opportunities for growth commensurate with contribution to fundraising efforts.
• Four-year college degree required. Degree must be from a recognized educational institution.
• Three years of office administration or related experience. Strong computer fluency required.
• Capable of composing professional business letters.
• Sales experience, ability to make cold telephone calls and speak to new people in person.
• Customer service and good telephone skills required.
• Self-starter and fast learner ability to identify opportunities and solve problems.
• Experience with database management and/or contact management software, especially Salesforce or Patron Manager highly desired.
• Familiarity with the San Pedro community is preferred.
• Outgoing positive attitude.
• Ability to flex time as required.
• Clear background check.
• Requires personal vehicle and insurance.
• Willing and able to lift 20 pounds.
• Willing to embrace other duties and assignments as needed.
Grand Vision offers paid vacation, sick time and holidays. Health benefits will be offered beginning in January, 2022. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with two references that can speak to your office and organizational skills with subject line “Executive & Development Assistant”. Please no calls.