Executive Assistant (Long Beach Community Action Partnership)
This job description is intended to provide an overview of responsibilities and is not intended to be all inclusive. Employees are expected to perform additional duties as assigned to support the organization and its mission.
Position: Executive Assistant
Reports To: Executive Director
Salary Range: $19-21 based on experience
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K matching, Sick & Vacation Accrual
Full Time: Monday – Friday 8:30 am- 5:30pm
The Executive Assistant (EA) will provide administrative support to the Executive Director as well as the Senior Management Team. The EA will be responsible for facilitating board meetings with necessary resources and materials and to provide administrative and technical support for all agency meetings. This includes: keeping meeting minutes, printing agendas, distributing handouts, securing meeting location, and coordinating catering. The EA will also be asked to assist with projects that contribute to the success of LBCAP’s mission.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to Executive Director including daily calendaring, scheduling travel arrangements Facilitate board meetings and record and transcribe board minutes
- Distributes board meeting notes to all board members
- Draft and edit correspondence and other communications (press releases) for Executive team
- Conduct basic research and analysis for special projects and programs
- Maintain and distribute when necessary, all communication materials needed (Reports, Newsletters, brochures, etc)
- Facilitates LBCAP meetings and manages logistics including materials and resources, catering, and technical support
- File management for Executive Director and Administrative Department
- Assist with managing Sub-Contractor contracts
- Prepares purchase/requisition forms for vendor invoices and staff reimbursement
- Reconciles invoice receipts for Finance Department
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Provides administrative support to Senior Management staff
- Acts as a direct liaison with vendors
- Generates correspondence as required
- Oversees and coordinates special projects, fundraiser and staff events
- Maintain contact list and organization chart
- Process and receive incoming mail, Fed Ex/UPS, courier items, etc.
- Update all social media accounts for agency.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Moderate-Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Moderate-Advanced social media skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality/handle confidential documentation
- Excellent written communication skills
- Professional demeanor and presentation
- Strong sense of urgency and detail oriented
- Flexible/ team player
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Valid California Driver’s License and ability to furnish current driving record upon request
- Working in a Non-Profit environment is preferred but not required.
Education and/or Certificates:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Human Services , Sociology or related fields
- 2-4 years of Executive Assistant or Administrative Assistant experience at the above duties & responsibilities is required.
- Must be 18 years old or older at the time of the application.
- Be able to communicate in English (both written and verbal). Bilingual in any other languages is preferred but not required.
- Ability to professionally communicate with parents, students, and agency personnel.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, and team orientated environment.
- Valid possession of a Class C California Driver’s License.
- This position has limited supervisory responsibility including: hiring and performance management
Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions; communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing; and establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Work is performed in an office environment; frequent contact with other staff and public; moderate level of noise. The nature of this position may also require to working outdoors in all weather conditions including wet, hot, and cold.
Position requires sitting, standing, walking on level and unleveled surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, and crouching in the performance of daily activities. The position also requires near, far, and color vision when assisting in activities of program participants.
Additionally, the position requires grasping, repetitive hand movement, and fine coordination when writing and typing announcements and advertisements and providing instructions.
To apply please submit resume to email@example.com.