Director of Operations (Food Finders Inc.)
Our mission at Food Finders is to reduce hunger and food waste while improving nutrition in food insecure communities. In the U.S. 35 million people, including 10 million children do not know where their next meal will come from yet 30 to 40% of our food supply is thrown away every year! We are looking for an inspiring and compassionate leader who agrees we have an environmental and social responsibility to change this broken food system. A leader that is willing to roll-up their sleeves and lead by example. This leader will oversee all aspects of Operations from the recruitment, the motivation, and the development of a dynamic team that includes agency relations, volunteer management, food acquisitions, transportation, warehouse management, and program administration. Our core values of Community, Responsibility, Adaptability and Integrity will drive customer satisfaction and execution of our strategic goals and objectives. Most importantly, this leader will be responsible for developing and evaluating the organizational capacity, processes and infrastructure in support of Food Finders values, vision and mission. This is a full time position reporting to the Executive Director.
- Motivate, lead and mentor a high performance operational team with integrity and maintaining a trusting, inclusive and productive environment
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all internal processes
- Identify and drive change that improves operations workflow and productivity
- Identify new technology, strategies and programs to increase the food resources of the Food Bank to the counties we serve
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with our Community of partner agencies, food donors and representatives of local organizations
- Responsible for the fleet, equipment and facility management and maintenance
- Would be responsible for the development and oversight of budgets and facility improvements
- Tracks and report impact and efficiency metrics for use in internal and external communications
- To develop and implement guidelines to evaluate, hire, train, mentor Operation staff
- Assist in fundraising strategy and events to enable the organizational growth
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- 2 year’s non-profit experience, preferably food bank experience
- 2 year’s management experience in establishing operational excellence in procurement, warehousing, distribution, transportation and facilities
- 2 year’s warehouse and inventory management, efficiencies and improvement
- Experience in budget development and financial management
- Ability to solve problems, manage multiple priorities, develop recommendations and move projects forward
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Bilingual Spanish/English skills desirable
- Commitment to continued professional development, industry regulations, and food distribution practices.
- Commitment and passion of Food Finders mission, our values and our organizational goals
Food Finders provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Food Finders complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Food Finders expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Food Finders employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
All visitors entering the building are required to wear a mask, we sanitize all surfaces daily, and sanitizer is located throughout the building.
$60,000 a year plus benefits
Interested applicants should apply through Indeed here.