Director of Marketing and Communications (Habitat for Humanity Greater Los Angeles)
REPORTS TO: SVP of Resource Development
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles (Habitat LA) is seeking a qualified candidate to oversee Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles’ (Habitat LA) marketing, communications, and public relations efforts company-wide, which includes Programs, Resource Development, Executive offices, construction/ real estate and the ReStores This position will also oversee all organization-wide marketing strategies, campaigns, and social media, as well as collateral and media production and design, in addition to being responsible for managing all communication plans and building external relationships with Habitat LA’s constituents, including media partners.
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles has been an active affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International for more than 20 years. By providing affordable housing, home repairs, skilled construction training, financial education, and volunteer opportunities the organization has transformed millions of lives, helped stabilize communities and fostered economic vitality in the region. On average, the affiliate builds and renovates 100 homes in the Los Angeles region, ranking it among the largest affiliates nationwide.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Manage all marketing, communications, graphic design and public relations needs for Habitat LA.
• Supervise the team members in the marketing/communications department and provide leadership and strategic direction.
• Develop, implement and evaluate the annual marketing/communications plan across all audiences and among all departments at Habitat LA.
• Develop strong relationships with media representatives, manage media relations and maximize media opportunists.
• Lead the generation of all online and print content, including collateral materials, to engage audience segments and lead to measurable actions.
• Oversee all marketing/communications needs related to special events, build sites and other affiliate wide activities.
SUMMARY OF JOB QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum of 8 years of marketing and communication experience in non-profit, entertainment, media and/or agency industry.
• Video and multimedia experience recommended.
• 4-year degree or equivalent experience; Master’s degree preferred
• Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Adobe, Google platforms, all social media platforms
• Proficient in Digital marketing, video production, social media, PR and media relations.
This is full-time position. Work schedule is Monday – Friday, 9 AM – 6:00PM, with some evening and weekends. Position requires local travel in the normal course of performing job duties with mileage reimbursement. Must have access to reliable transportation to perform job duties, valid driver’s license and meet the state required amount of personal automobile liability insurance.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION: We offer a full benefits package: medical, dental , and vision coverage; life and AD&D insurance; vacation and sick leave; holidays; flexible spending accounts; and 401(K) retirement plan and employee discount in our ReStores.
Compensation: DOE, Starting Salary: $75,000
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to: Jessie Angulo at email@example.com. In the subject line, enter the name of the position you are applying for.
Visit us at: www.habitatla.org Employment is contingent upon completion of a satisfactory background check and drug screen *Habitat for Humanity of Greater Los Angeles is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applicants are considered without discrimination with regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or other protected status and will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.