Director of Housing Programs (Kingdom Causes Bellflower)
About the Organization:
Kingdom Causes Bellflower (KCB) is a faith-based non-profit organization located in the City of Bellflower. We are known for providing top notch, empowering community and individual programming in the areas of community development, social enterprise/workforce development, and housing. We are a trusted partner and known for our ability to collaborate well with other stakeholders as we seek dignifying solutions for our community. We are a team highly committed to implementing our mission ‘to be a catalyst that inspires, connects and mobilizes people towards personal and community transformation’.
Over the course of the next five years, Kingdom Causes Bellflower will deepen its impact on local social justice issues facing the Greater Bellflower community. KCB will be strategically growing its programs serving those experiencing homelessness and housing instability in response to the increasing housing crises faced by our community. We are looking for a Director of Housing Programs, KCB’s continuum of housing and homelessness programs, to lead our organization’s efforts to decrease homelessness by continuing to grow and strengthen our current high-quality programs ending homelessness.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Housing Programs is responsible for operating an ever-growing continuum of housing related interventions which address a diverse spectrum of housing needs for those
experiencing housing instability and homelessness. Overseeing a growing team of 8, the Director of Housing Programs will lead the successful delivery of housing and homelessness programs and will be a key external face of Kingdom Causes Bellflower in the community as it seeks to end homelessness in the Greater Bellflower area.
KCB housing programs provide real solutions to homelessness and housing instability under a Housing First framework: outreach to and engagement of neighbors experiencing homelessness, flexible direct financial assistance, emergency housing, transitional housing, and permanent housing. The Director of Housing Programs is a member of the Senior Leadership Team and plays a critical role in strategic decision-making and program operations as KCB continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. The Director of Housing Programs will oversee the leadership, strategy, financial management, impact evaluation and development, and
partner relationships of KCB’s housing and homelessness programs as illustrated by the specific key areas of responsibility below.
• Provide leadership to staff on housing and homelessness programs, KCB Senior Leadership team and in community efforts to address and end homelessness in the Greater Bellflower area.
• Demonstrate a commitment to building a healthy team culture that lives out KCB’s mission, vision, and values.
• Provide important and timely program updates to the Senior Leadership team regarding KCB’s housing and homelessness programs.
• Serve as KCB’s expert on diverse housing solutions for those experiencing housing instability and homelessness; ensure staff and the community is educated on and successfully accessing these solutions for all program participants.
• Ensure KCB’s housing strategies and activities foster effective Housing First and harm reduction practices, are trauma-informed and culturally competent.
• Make recommendations to the Executive Director for staffing needs; oversee recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, staff development, and performance evaluations of housing program staff.
• Lead and supervise the housing and homelessness service teams, providing weekly group and individual supervision, coaching, and consultation.
• Successfully implement programs and new strategies and recommend adoption of new initiatives when they align with KCB’s mission and vision.
• Ensure the continued growth of KCB’s housing impact, including obtaining new resources, space, and funding.
• Oversee asset and program management aspects of Margaret’s House and Oak Street.
• Supervise and guide housing navigation and retention case management efforts with those experiencing homelessness and those who have moved into housing.
• Develop and keep up to date KCB’s Housing Programs Policies and Procedures, Participant Agreements, Housing Requirements and related key processes, protocols, and tools to support housing team.
• Be apprised of best practices for housing service delivery, housing first, harm reduction, trauma informed care and other supportive service models.
• Create, facilitate and direct standardized housing related case management programs.
• Oversee the development and ongoing management of department and program budgets under the position’s purview.
• Collaborate with the Fiscal Management Team to prepare and monitor annual and program budgets, ensuring that all programs operate within the approved budget.
• Develop budgets and coordinate the submission of budget modifications for current contracts.
• Develop programmatic budgets for new funding opportunities.
• Closely monitor all aspects of direct financial assistance programs to ensure proper tracking, spend-down and management of funds.
Impact Evaluation, Quality Assurance and Development
• Analyze key outcomes across housing programs, use outcomes data to adjust programs as needed to improve program quality and ensure accomplishment of outcomes.
• Oversee quality assurance processes for participant files and programming to ensure all funding and best practice requirements are being met.
• Create, facilitate and train case management teams in best-practices of service delivery, documentation, and maintenance of chart records to ensure quality assurance.
• Manage and/or support applications for funding in collaboration with the Senior Management team.
• Manage the submission of all program related reports. Ensure reports are accurate and submitted in a timely manner.
• Implement and maintain a Quality Assurance Plan to ensure a high quality of programming and contract compliance.
• Collaborate with Director of Development to provide content for campaigns and development materials including updates on the housing program and learnings and impact.
• Work collaboratively with the Director of Community Development in KCB’s efforts to end local homelessness and increase access to affordable/supportive housing for those experiencing
housing instability and homelessness.
• Continue to develop strong partnerships with other housing and social service agencies in the area and across LA County; develop MOUs, initiate and lead partner meetings, follow-up with timely communication.
• Liaise with partner organizations and stakeholders to ensure effective access to both KCB housing programs and other housing/social service providers for persons experiencing homelessness.
• Participate in related committees, task forces and special projects, as relevant.
• Grow and maintain positive relationships with local stakeholders including business owners, residents, local governmental entities, ministerial committees, church and services organizations to appropriately and effectively use the community assets to address the housing needs of those experiencing homelessness or housing instability in the Greater Bellflower area.
• Provide external trainings and technical assistance to partner organizations including law enforcement, government organizations (at roundtables, hearings), attorneys, service provider organizations, hospitals, and churches to provide education around issues impacting homelessness and to provide information about KCB.
• Support efforts of the Volunteer Coordinator in implementing volunteer and mentoring programs which support those who have been recently housed or in the housing search process.
• As requested, represent KCB at special events as a speaker and presenter.
The Director of Housing Programs will also be responsible for carrying out additional tasks and activities as assigned by the Executive Director.
The Director of Housing Programs will have at least four years of directly related experience and a Master’s degree in a social service-related field or a combination of education and on-the-job work experience equivalent to a
Master’s Degree. At least two years of leadership experience in a nonprofit or government organization is preferred. Successful candidates will have deep knowledge and experience of housing and homelessness related programs with an ability to operationalize that experience to grow KCB’s homelessness and housing stability programs. The Director of Housing Programs will lead KCB’s housing and homelessness programs, partner with the Executive Director, Director of Community Development and Volunteer Coordinator to impact homelessness and housing instability in the Greater Bellflower area and further establish high quality programs under the purview of this position.
• Comprehensive working knowledge of program planning, organizational structure, budgeting, and administrative operations.
• Expertise in one or more of the following service areas: housing and homelessness, Housing First, harm reduction, mental health and substance abuse, trauma-informed care.
• Deep commitment and personal accountability to results.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to represent the organization externally across a wide range of stakeholders and constituencies.
• Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool.
• Project management skills including experience managing multiple projects which result in measurable successes and program growth.
• Experience building and leading cohesive, successful teams; strength in hiring, recruiting, managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams, empowering them to elevate their levels of
responsibility, span-of-control and performance.
• Understanding of human resources, employee performance improvement plans, and corrective action policies.
• Excellent interpersonal and team skills, extremely collegial.
• Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment.
• Demonstrated commitment to the values of diversity, inclusiveness, and empowerment.
• Maintains a non-judgmental attitude and displays unconditional positive regard, is caring and compassionate.
• Displays appropriate professional, healthy boundaries and exercises mature judgement and understanding of safety concerns.
• An ability to work effectively with people of varying racial, ethnic, cultural, educational and socioeconomic backgrounds.
• Ability to multitask while remaining vigilant to details.
• Maintains personal and professional integrity and handles confidential information with discretion.
• Constantly looking to apply best practices.
• Exhibits dedication to the mission and vision of Kingdom Causes Bellflower.
• Possesses a valid California driver’s license, proof of insurance and a clean driving record.
• Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
ACCOUNTABILITY AND REVIEW
Position reports to: Executive Director
Performance review: Annual
Number of employees receiving work direction: 8
Position titles reporting to position: 2
FLSA Status: Salary
Payroll Status: Exempt
Work Schedule: Full-time
Physical Demands, Environmental Conditions, Equipment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential job functions. Employee is required to: walk and climb stairs; reach with hands and arms; be mobile by moving oneself from place to place quickly and easily; carry and lift; climb hills; bend, stoop or kneel; operate a computer keyboard; able to complete all forms in personal writing; make and receive telephone calls; use copier. Employee will be subjected to outside environmental conditions while conducting various levels of outreach and engagement with those experiencing homelessness. In addition to working in a typical office environment, employee will be required to work in areas inhabited by those experiencing homelessness, to include working in dirty environments and dealing with challenging individuals.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Kingdom Causes Bellflower is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunity in employment.