Director of Development (Harbor Interfaith Services, Inc.)
Harbor Interfaith Services (HIS) is a non-profit organization based in San Pedro, with a mission to provide food, shelter, transitional housing, childcare, and support services to the homeless and working poor in the South Bay area of Los Angeles.
Harbor Interfaith is looking for a full time Director of Development. This position will work closely with the Executive Director/CEO and Grants Consultant to oversee the agency private fundraising and social media activities. Team member benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance covered by HIS, a 403(b) employee-contribution plan, sick leave, vacation leave and paid holidays.
- Creating an overall development strategy to meet HIS fundraising goals
- Creating an annual fund development and marketing plan
- Researching, preparing and submitting grant proposals and applications
- Ensuring funding reports are completed as required
- Overseeing the agency staff and board giving campaigns
- Managing the agency social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.), website
- Supervising the Volunteer Coordinator and volunteer activities of the agency
- Preparing direct mail solicitations/campaigns, annual giving campaigns, annual reports and quarterly newsletters
- Serving as the liaison with the Auxiliary and providing ongoing support with the annual event.
We would like to speak with you if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or Marketing
- You have strong written skills
- You have a strong background in grant writing and fundraising.
- You have extensive knowledge of social media operations.
- You have experience working with not-for-profit agencies
About Harbor Interfaith
We offer an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences so we can ultimately be better together. Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, compensation, and volunteerism are not based on a person’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, parental status, housing status, or other protected status.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and contact information to the attention of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harbor Interfaith Services is an at-will employer, meaning we or our employees have the right to terminate the employment relationship at any time, for any reason, with or without cause.