DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (THE CENTER)
Position: Development Manager Department: Administration
Reports To: Executive Director
Status: Exempt/ Full-Time
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Paid Sick, Vacation, Holidays, 401k with Employer Contribution, Optional Employee Critical Life/Illness and Legal Insurance
Probation: 90 days
The Development Manager is The LGBTQ Center Long Beach’s lead staff member responsible for supporting the Executive Director in developing and implementing the organization’s annual development plan to increase individual, foundation, and corporate giving. This position supports the Executive Director in creating and executing individual gift cultivation and solicitation, grant writing, special event management, and corporate stewardship. In addition to overseeing and coordinating all fundraising efforts, with the support of the Executive Director, the Development Manager supports all other resource and development functions and reporting as requested by the Executive Director. Must be available to work evenings and weekends regularly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
General Responsibilities (15%):
• Collaboratively work with Executive Director to draft annual fundraising Plan.
• Work with Executive Director, Board of Directors, and Development Committee to support agency fundraising efforts and provide detailed reports on development activities.
• Manage, support, and maintain Development Committee.
• Implement and monitor goals within annual fundraising plan.
• Other duties as necessary or assigned.
Individual Giving and Corporate Stewardship (50%):
• Serve as the lead staff member entering, managing, analyzing, and reporting information and trends within the donor database.
• Create and manage donor portfolios and engagement schedule to ensure regular communication between agency and donors.
• Participate in gift procurement, donor relations, donor prospecting/research, recruitment, and solicitation.
• Strengthen and build relationships among existing and new corporate partners and local businesses.
• Revise and expand agency’s monthly and annual giving programs.
• Ensure timely donor acknowledgment.
• Develop and manage production of agency donor marketing materials. Liaise with and support all departments with marketing requests, as needed.
• Work collaboratively with the Executive Director to develop electronic and direct mail campaigns and appeals.
Special Events (25%):
• Support the Executive Director and all event committees with planning and execution of fundraising and donor engagement events.
• Identify and solicit potential sponsors and donors (cash and in-kind) for special events.
Foundation Stewardship (10%):
• Serve as the agency lead in developing and monitoring the agency’s annual grants calendar, including tracking and submission of required reports. Prepare Letters of Intent (LOIs) and full proposals to government, corporate, and private funders.
• Support department Managers and Directors in preparing Letters of Intent (LOIs) and full proposals to government, corporate, and private funders.
• Manage agency data and demographics and provide timely reports to agency departments responsible for grant writing as requested.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• BA or 4 years relevant experience required in related field (marketing, communications, development, non-profit management, etc.).
• At least three years’ professional experience with non-profit fundraising required.
• Event planning experience required.
• Experience managing paid staff strongly preferred.
• Experience managing volunteers strongly preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Graphic design experience preferred.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills, tact, discretion, and diplomacy. Ability to appropriate manage confidential information.
• Ability to connect with and engage diverse stakeholders of various backgrounds.
• Strong commitment to and understand of LGBTQ people, communities, and related issues.
• Strong leadership capacity.
• Self-motivating, with exceptional time management skills.
• Computer proficiency including the Microsoft Office Suite required.
• Knowledge and expertise with Salesforce strongly preferred.
• Website design and maintenance experience strongly preferred.
• Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from anyone regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, sexual orientation, or age.
Please send cover letter and resume to: Porter Gilberg, Executive Director The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach by E-Mail to email@example.com or by fax to 562.433.6428. NO PHONE CALLS.