DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (YMCA OF GREATER LONG BEACH)
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is looking for an engaging and personable candidate to join the development team at our Association offices as the Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator role is a unique opportunity for a detail-oriented individual to be a pivotal team member in a fast-paced, highly professional environment. This individual is a self-starter and will provide high-level administrative support particularly relating to fundraising activities and events. Other areas of support include gift administration, donor stewardship and financial administration. The Development Coordinator will interact with YMCA leadership, board of directors, donors, volunteers, and staff, as well as community guests to association office. Candidate is an individual that can effectively communicate and engage with internal and external parties and is invested in further the mission of the YMCA.
If you are an outstanding team builder, a confident decision maker and a relentless visionary who can take a unique opportunity and grow it to its fullest potential, this may be the position for you!
- Assist with general administrative support needs and greet Metro guests
- Assist in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of donor databases and extracting database information and reports as requested
- Provide excellent donor service by assisting the development staff with donor stewardship efforts and donor communication
- Support the development and maintenance of online resources for solicitation purposes and to ultimately increase the Y’s social media presence
- Provide input and help to draft written institutional materials, such as annual report and donor newsletters
- Assist in management and creation of grant requests, proposals and reports
- Research and identify new funding opportunities, compiling data, and preparing documents and reports
PREFERRED CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- 2 years of professional administrative experience, preferably in a nonprofit setting, and 1-2 years special events experience preferred.
- Ability to represent the Y in a professional manner, act as a liaison within a wide socio-economic array of volunteers, donors, and vendors, maintain confidentiality, and communicate clearly and positively verbally and in writing.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple tasks simultaneously and follows through on issues in a timely manner
- Excellent administrative and customer-service skills including courteousness, tact and strong written and oral communication skills.
- Professional behavior and appearance is expected at all times and some evening and weekend work is required.
- Excellent computer skills including database management (Daxko or RaisersEdge knowledge highly preferred). Familiar with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Background check through Live scan
Health Screening with Negative TB and Negative Drug test screening
Complete online New Employee Orientation and Child Abuse Training
ABOUT THE YMCA OF GREATER LONG BEACH
The YMCA of Greater Long Beach is a $22M organization with 656 employees. The YMCA of Greater Long Beach has three traditional YMCA branches offering membership throughout the service area, the Lakewood Family YMCA in Lakewood, CA is the largest facility, the entire facility was newly renovated this year with state of the art exercise equipment, a pool and newly renovated gymnasium. The two centers in Long Beach, CA are the Los Altos Family YMCA in east Long Beach and the Fairfield Family YMCA in north Long Beach. In the Big Bear, CA area the association has a full-service resident camp. In the Bellflower community the Los Cerritos YMCA offers day camp, aquatics and afterschool programming. The Early Childhood Education program, funded by the State of California, operates 5 preschools throughout the Greater Long Beach area. In Downtown Long Beach the Community Development branch runs the Youth Institute and Change Agent Productions. In addition to these centers, there are 30+ afterschool programs located across the 13 city service area.
Environmental Factors: Indoor and outdoor facilities (e.g. kitchen and recreational sites); exposure to heat, cold, potentially hazardous chemicals, toxic materials; work on slippery or uneven surfaces. Noise level is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, talk, hear, stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift, push, pull, and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Job Status: Part Time, non-exempt
Pay: $18.50 to $22.00
*Based on education and experience
Complimentary use of YMCA facilities and program discounts for immediate family
To Apply please submit your resume online at: https://lbymca.recruiting.com/development-coordinator-ymca-of-greater-long-beach/job/11417580