Development Coordinator (The Children’s Clinic)
Department: Development and Communications
Reports to: Chief Development & Communications Officer
Prepared By: P. Leon, CDCO Prepared Date: March 28, 2019
Approved By: E. Nicholas, MD, MSPH, CEO Approval Date: March 28, 2019
The Children’s Clinic, Serving Children & Their Families (TCC) seeks a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills for the Development Coordinator position. Working closely with the Chief Development & Communications Officer, this position will help with the day-to-day operations of TCC’s Development and Communications Department. This position is ideal for a deadline-driven, detail-oriented, and well- organized development professional.
- A minimum of two-three years’ work experience preferably at a nonprofit organization or in the field of fundraising/development, marketing or communications.
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- A high degree of computer literacy as well as experience with Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel in particular).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain donor files and routinely handle confidential donor information.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem solve and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must have a positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication and the ability to work cooperatively with others in a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines and manage workflow.
- Must have a strong interest in the organization’s mission and be able to work effectively in teams and across organizational lines, as well as manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Candidate must be a great team player, possessing flexibility, good follow-through, and outstanding diplomatic and interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain donor records in donor database, including ongoing updates to donor and prospect constituent records, entering financial gift information and creating financial reports.
- Handle calls from major donors and provide courteous donor services support to include answering gift inquiries and assisting with gift-related issues.
- Assist with the production of materials related to fund development, including background research, gift acknowledgements, stewardship reports, and letters to donors.
- Maintain the development communications calendar and assist with the preparation and processing of in-house mailings.
- Work with Chief Development & Communications Officer to help plan and execute logistics for donor cultivation and recognition events.
- Participate with planning and implementing special events.
- Conduct research to help identify new corporate prospects for events.
- Support the Development & Communications team with event sponsorship tracking, guest list tracking, invoice/payment process, check requests, etc.
- Support event sponsor recognition and major donor recognition process.
- Provide miscellaneous event support such as gift in-kind tracking and solicitation, event supply inventory and event set-up and preparation.
- Provide executive and development staff support for donor visits, including donor/marketing materials, hosting tours / attend check presentations, as requested.
- Track cultivation, stewardship and solicitation activity for donors and prospects.
- Assist with cultivation, solicitation and recognition programs for the organization’s donors.
- Support the Chief Development & Communications Officer in scheduling meetings and other assignments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. volunteer coordination, Reach Out and Read coordination)
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working with Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Experience implementing fund development and marketing strategies.
- Experience working effectively with a variety of constituencies including, but not limited to volunteers, donors and potential donors.
- Experience working in an office setting.
- Excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strategic, organized and self-directed.
- Ability to work well with different skill sets and personal styles.
In order to apply, all applicants may forward their cover letter and resume to Penelope Leon, Chief Officer of Development and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.