Development Assistant (Ronald McDonald House Charities)
Job Title: Development Assistant – Marketing & Communications
Division: Long Beach Ronald McDonald House (LBRMH)
Reports To: Development Director
FLSA Status: Part Time, Non-Exempt, 16 hours per week
Prepared Date: July 2021
Our mission at the Ronald McDonald House Charities® of Southern California (RMHCSC) is to provide comfort, care and support to children and families in Southern California. To achieve our vision of creating a community where children and their families embrace life and healing with a sense of hope, enthusiasm and joy. RMHCSC operates six Ronald McDonald Houses and two Ronald McDonald Family Rooms, along with Camp Ronald McDonald for Good Times.
The Development Assistant with a Marketing & Communications focus is a member of the Long Beach Ronald McDonald House (“LBRMH”) Development Team responsible for developing and coordinating marketing and communication initiatives appropriate to the organizations image and purpose; develops digital media and printed materials as well as special event collateral.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Create and maintain social media calendar
• Create and develop social media content
• Increase social media engagement across all platforms to include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Produce weekly e-blast campaigns and maintain distribution lists with current donor email addresses
• In partnership with Chapter Website Admin, maintain LBRMH website content
• Working with the Development Director, create print newsletter content
• Working with the Executive Director and Development Director, create annual Season of Giving campaign collateral
• Work with print/mail vendor for timely submission of printed materials
• Work with Development Associate to maintain database of all donor mailing list addresses
• Create and maintain other organization collateral pieces such as “Stay with Us”, “Help Us Help Kids”, “Corporate Partner Program” and “Heart of the House” etc.
• Working with the Special Events Coordinator, produce collateral pieces as needed for special events including invites, save the dates, program journals, program tribute ads and banners/signage
• Act as a brand steward, upholding RMHC Global brand standards and consistency in all projects
• Demonstrate ability to work with other staff, volunteers, and houseguests in a collaborative and compassionate manner
A proven record of exceptional accomplishment in writing, editing, proofreading and layout/design skills. Self-motivated and able to solve problems. Superior project, time and organizational management skills. Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people and personalities. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree or 3 years related work experience
• Confident communicator and outstanding interpersonal skills
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
• Must possess experience in marketing, promotions, public relations and special events
• Must exhibit strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Must be experienced with layout and design
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other office productivity tools (Outlook, Adobe Creative Cloud, MailChimp, digital media)
• Experience working with nonprofit organizations, preferably in the LA area and experience with medical and or child care organizations a significant plus
Knowledge and Skills
• Demonstrate flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• General knowledge and demonstrated understanding of current trends in social media and digital media
Ability to read, write and/or interpret general business documents and correspondence reports, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups, families, employees, managers and the general public. Proficiency in speaking and writing Spanish ideal.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts including basic math, percentages, discounts and interest.
Ability to function responsibly and autonomously as demonstrated by excellent decision making skills. Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe Creative Cloud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
To Apply: Resumes and cover letters should be emailed to email@example.com with a reference to job code: LBDASIS in the subject line.
Equal Opportunity Employer