Development and Marketing Coordinator (EXP)
Do you have strong administrative and communications skills, an interest in fund development and marketing, along with a desire to grow your career in the non-profit sector with a small, but dynamic and friendly, team? Then, we may have an ideal opportunity for you!
EXP, a non-profit organization based in Carson, CA, is seeking a Development and Marketing Department Coordinator. This is a full-time, non-exempt hourly position that reports to the Director of Development and Marketing. The pay rate is $24.04/hour and includes a competitive benefits package. The job location is currently remote, with occasional in-person office responsibilities.
Reporting to the Director of Development and Marketing,
• Provide day-to-day project and administrative support for donation cultivation, donor stewardship, and outreach efforts in support of organization’s fundraising goals; this includes producing general donor acknowledgement template letters on a timely basis.
• Write, proofread and distribute routine correspondence, such as donor thank you letters, proposal cover letters, as well as occasional newsletter articles and publication materials.
• Daily, accurate data entry, data management, and report generation. Maintain CRM database and mailing list updates for corporate, individual, grant, and event donors and prospects.
• Liaise with our Operations Department staff in recording and processing pledges, pledge payments, grants, donations and other general gift-processing activities.
• Provide training support to staff members, as needed, on CRM processes and protocols.
• Coordinate e-mail and direct-mail appeals and stewardship mailings.
• Working in tandem with the Grants Manager, perform weekly research of new grant funding opportunities using the organization’s subscriptions to research tools, such as the Foundation Directory Online, GuideStar, and other Internet search tools.
• Work with the Department Director, and in concert with the marketing team, to maintain email contacts and event invitation lists, help coordinate e-mailings, help track sponsorship information, manage event RSVPs, and compile event fundraising reports.
• You will occasionally be scheduled to work evening or weekend hours to support the organization’s event-related activity needs, as determined by the Director.
• Assist both the Marketing Manager and Events Manager with vendor item delivery, event production, pick-up and invoicing, if requested/required.
• Actively participate in routine staff meetings and department meetings.
*The aforementioned job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding
the scope of the Development and Marketing Coordinator position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive
list of skills, duties, required efforts, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
• You enjoy communicating with a variety of people, are friendly, and work well as part of a
• You have a curious mind and enjoy discovering ways to improve processes/procedures.
• You have an eagle eye for detail.
• You have core competencies and experience managing and entering data into a CRM database (experience with Bloomerang is helpful, but not required).
• You are well organized and comfortable with primarily focusing on administrative tasks.
• You possess excellent, proven writing and proofreading skills for professional donor and business correspondence. You are comfortable taking and transcribing meeting notes and scheduling meetings through Zoom, MS Teams or similar online meeting tools.
• You prioritize well and are flexible to adjust to changing priorities when needed.
• You have experience and a general comfort level in assisting with developing online surveys
and managing email subscriber lists.
Required Education and Experience
• To be an ideal candidate, you will have a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, with at least one (1) year of work experience in a similar administrative or coordinator role. However, we will consider candidates with an Associate’s Degree, plus at least two (2) years of work experience in an administrative assistant or coordinator role.
How to Apply
• Email your current resumé,
• Cover letter and
• A donor or business correspondence writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
o Applications without both a cover letter and writing sample will not be considered.
o Your cover letter must include why you are both interested and qualified for the job, e.g. what makes you a great candidate?
Established in 1999, EXP is a California non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to prepare students for a better life. Our programs help young people gain experience, unlock doors and build the confidence they need to succeed in school, career and life. EXP’s success is driven by a 22-year history of bringing industry and high schools together to solve problems and overcome obstacles, so that students from underserved communities receive equitable access to career education, experience and opportunities to succeed in tomorrow’s workforce.
Using a forward-thinking approach to work-based learning and a multi-year continuum of programs and services, EXP prepares underserved and at-risk students for school and career pathway success. Our programs are accessible annually to more than 6,300 students, ages 13 to 18. We also provide career and self-development tools as well as networking resources to young adults who are just entering the workforce. Learn more at www.expfuture.org.
EXP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
EXP is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. EXP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.