Corporate Development Generalist (LINC HOUSING)
CLASS TITLE: Corporate Development Generalist
POSITION STATUS: Part Time
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
EFFECTIVE DATE: July 2020
GENERAL NATURE & SCOPE OF WORK
Under the general supervision of the Vice President, Corporate Development, the Corporate Development Generalist provides project coordination and administrative support. Supports timely inter and intra department work flow regarding scheduling, reports, information, documents, and data for corporate projects and work with current and potential partners, donors, foundations, and government entities. Maintains appropriate confidentiality and discretion in the disclosure of information to various internal and external parties.
ILLUSTRATIVE EXAMPLES OF WORK/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assists with project strategies and timelines
- Research background material for partnering and political advocacy
- Scheduling and organization of meetings with outside partners as well as for staff
- Compose correspondence, communications, and coordinates work flow
- Coordinates and assists in planning events for partners and stakeholders, as well as arrangements for trade shows, conferences, and travel as needed
- Assist in updating and maintaining corporate contacts for partners
- Assist with annual corporate publications and board of directors reports
- Manage photos, digital handouts, articles, and hard copy items
- Tracking calendars and tracking sheets
- Provide general administrative support as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to learn Raiser Edge donor software and other project management software
- Writing and grammar skills, mathematics
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel)
- Strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects as well as follow through skills
- Excellent Communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly organized and able to work with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills for establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, other departments, city staff, city officials and the public.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and related software applications
- Set priorities in fast-paced environment
- Work effectively with others in a team environment
- Efficiently organize, track and maintain documents, data files and information
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
A combination of education and related experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Associate Degree and
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working in an office environment
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment under pressure and requires the ability to quickly adjust to changing priorities and demands
- Must also have the ability to work remotely as needed during the current pandemic.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and use a keyboard
- Lift to 10 pounds
The statements contained in this class specification reflect general details as necessary to describe the principle functions of this class, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the work load.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.