Corporate and Foundation Relations Coordinator (Aquarium of the Pacific)
Full Time, Eligible for Benefits
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Coordinator will provide full support to the Corporate and Foundation Relations team who oversee philanthropic partnerships with foundation and corporate donors, the Aquarium’s corporate membership program, and corporate sponsorships. This position is responsible for prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of foundation and corporate funders and sponsors in support of the Aquarium’s priority fundraising needs.
- Be responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage solicitations to foundation and corporate sources.
- Work with the Corporate and Foundation Relations Senior Manager and Supervisor to refine and continuously improve internal processes and procedures for proposal submission and management.
- Perform research on prospective foundation and corporation donors.
- Prospect for corporate sponsors and vet any corporate entities that approach the Aquarium.
- Coordinate corporate sponsor activations with brand ambassadors when they are onsite.
- Coordinate fulfillment for corporate donors and corporate members.
- Work with other departments to coordinate donor tours and stewardship experiences for the development department.
- Work with other departments to gather information necessary to report to foundation and corporate funders on current grant programs. Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation and corporate donors and sponsors.
- Assist with federal grants, including submission, management, and tracking.
- Build a more formalized corporate volunteer program and support matching gifts program.
- Maintain current records in Raisers Edge, including grant tracking, reporting, and actions.
- Assist with foundation and corporate site visits, tours, and events.
- Assist with other projects as requested.
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Extraordinary organizational skills.
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Excellent computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office programs and knowledge of Blackbaud Raisers Edge 7 database preferred.
- Ability to monitor and meet income and other defined metrics set for this position.
- Ability to balance “big picture” thinking with attention to detail.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Minimum of three years experience fundraising, especially with corporate fundraising preferred.
- Experience working in deadline driven environments.
- Proven ability to handle multiple assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, climb, kneel, twist
- Ability to lift and carry up to 0-25lbs
- Ability to pull and push up to 0-25lbs
- Full functional range of motion in all major body joints from reaching, twisting, bending, simple and power gripping, fine and gross motor skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office working conditions
- Noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate
- Wet, dirty, uneven surfaces and walkways
- Exposure to variations in temperature, humidity, or wetness
Interested or Qualified?
If you meet the requirements of this position, click on the link below to “APPLY NOW.” You will be directed to our web application process, the successful completion of which is required by all applicants. There are THREE simple steps to this process, which is administered by Hire Select:
- You will complete a brief web application;
- You will attach or build your resume;
- You will complete the PCI aptitude assessment.
Upon completion of all THREE steps, your submission will be forwarded to our hiring team for consideration. If you are among the most qualified applicants, we will contact you within two to three weeks. If you do not hear from us within that time, feel free to reapply in the future as other opportunities arise. Thank you so much for your interest in the Aquarium of the Pacific!
The Aquarium of the Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer.