COORDINATOR OF FACILITIES & OPERATIONS (The LGBTQ Center Long Beach)
SCOPE OF WORK
The Coordinator of Facilities & Operations is a full-time, nonexempt position that reports directly to the Manager of Community Outreach & Operations at The LGBTQ Center Long Beach (The Center). The Operations and Facilities Coordinator is responsible for coordinating daily upkeep and maintenance of The Center building and parking lot, as well as providing customer service, operational, and event support to the department and Center. The ideal candidate will have outstanding written and communication skills, experience working with diverse populations (particularly LGBTQ+ individuals), and excellent interpersonal skills. This person must be able to thrive in an active office environment that is informal, yet professional, and maintain a trauma informed approach in their dealings with colleagues, clients, and the community. This position has a schedule of Monday through Friday 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm with one regularly scheduled Saturday per month.
I: FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide daily set-up/tear-down of shared meeting spaces for scheduled meetings and events.
- Serve as liaison and oversee facilities and maintenance vendors.
- Oversee and enforce parking lot rules.
- Responsible for maintaining the lift in proper working order, including weekly internal inspections and annual professional inspection and licensure.
- Ensure regular maintenance of Center vehicle(s).
- Maintain storage areas and off-site storage facilities.
- Along with the Evening Facilities Specialist, perform light maintenance/repair work, assemble furniture, etc., as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate The Center’s room reservations and parking lot rentals.
- Ensure all email inquiries to The Center’s main email address receive courteous and supportive responses within 48 hours.
- Along with the Coordinator of Community Resources & Volunteers, provide daily supervision to Community Resource Navigator volunteers.
- Staff The Center’s reception desk as needed.
- Inventory management.
- Serve as main point of contact for all community-driven/initiated social and support group facilitators.
- Develop policies, procedures, and trainings for all community-driven/initiated social and support group facilitators.
- Support The Center’s special events (staffing, logistics, etc.)
- Participate in team/department, interdisciplinary and staff meetings.
II: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- At least one-year progressive professional experience in an office setting, medical facility, educational institution, or nonprofit organization.
- Must have access to reliable transportation, a valid CA driver’s license, and a driving record that will support The Center’s liability insurance provider.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
- Ability to pass FBI background check.
- Bilingual/fluent (can read, write, and speak) in English and Spanish.
III: PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Three (3) years’ experience in a similar role at a nonprofit organization.
- The hourly rate for this position is $21.
- Other benefits include (medical, vision, dental, vacation, holidays, 401K with employer contribution)
- Optional benefits include (critical life/illness and legal insurance)
V: AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
The LGBTQ Center Long Beach (The Center) is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate, exclude, or otherwise deny employment and/or opportunities to any qualified candidate based on age, ancestry, color, disability/handicap, gender, gender identity/expression, national origin, place of birth, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or any other characteristic(s) protected under local, state, or federals laws in any of its hiring practices and activities. All employment decisions shall be made without regard to any of these characteristics.
VI: HOW TO APPLY (Incomplete applications will not be considered.)
- Complete The Center’s employment application which can be found here: https://www.centerlb.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Employment-Application.pdf
- Submit application, cover letter, resume, to Kate Katzban-Beren, Community Outreach and Operations Manager by email to email@example.com