Contract – Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist (The Guidance Center)
About The Guidance Center (TGC):
The Guidance Center is a private, nonprofit community agency incorporated in California in 1946. We operate four mental health service delivery sites in southeast LA County, including Long Beach, San Pedro, Compton, and Avalon (Catalina Island). The mission of TGC is to provide comprehensive mental health treatment to our community’s most disadvantaged children and their families struggling with mental illness and abuse, leading them toward a positive and productive future. TGC offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 403b with employer match, vacation, and 14 paid holidays.
We are seeking a contract psychiatrist 16 hours a week at our Compton office to provide medication evaluation, support and management to children and adolescent clients within our programs.
• Conduct comprehensive medication assessments, diagnosis, and medication management for a wide variety of mental, emotional, and/or behavioral difficulties affecting children and adolescents
• Provide ongoing medication monitoring and evaluation at least every 60 days or as needed for each assigned patient
• Provide consultation to multidisciplinary treatment team of behavioral/mental health clinicians
• Establishes, supports, and maintains effective working relationships with staff and other members of the treatment team
• Maintains current, clear and concise client records in accordance with Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health standards
• Complies with all applicable HIPAA laws
• A valid license to practice medicine (M.D. or D.O) in the State of California.
• Board certification or eligibility in Child & Adolescent Psychiatry. Current DEA license.
• Current TB test and Live Scan background required
• Competency in evaluating and treating children and adolescents with a wide variety of symptoms.
• Ability to perform clinical duties within established guidelines in an organized and efficient manner.
• Ability to relate and communicate well with all cultural and ethnic groups in the community.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a preferred.
• Working knowledge of direct outpatient care and practices in a community clinic setting.
• General computer skills in Microsoft Office program (Word, Excel, etc.) and electronic health care records (EHR: Welligent)
For additional information, please send resume to Dawn Vo-Jutabha, PhD (email@example.com).