COMMUNITY OUTREACH WORKER (CATHOLIC CHARITIES)
Catholic Immigration Services
Catholic Charities of Los Angeles,
Inc. is a 501 © (3) non-profit public benefit corporation that serves people
without regard to race, sex, age, or religion.
The Immigration Department of Catholic Charities is a Board of
Immigration Appeals recognized agency that has served thousands of immigrants
and refugees over many decades. IRD
provides immigration and refugee services, including refugee resettlement and
legal applications for naturalization, deferred action for childhood arrivals,
religious workers visas, and family-based immigration petitions.
The immigration department is seeking a temporary enthusiastic Community Outreach Worker to engage with the community and provide information on Catholic Charities’ immigration legal services. Individual will also provide educational materials regarding program and services offered.
- Undertake community campaigns, provide educational materials, conduct information sessions, and coordinate workshops with community leaders and volunteers to prepare them for events on citizenship and other immigration related topics.
- Develop relationships with community organizers through one-on-one interaction relating to immigration.
- Design and implement community events and act as a liaison with community partners.
- Make systematic contact with community based organizations to inform them about Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc.’s immigration legal services.
- Identify key leaders from businesses, congregations and community based organizations, and other persons of influence, and cultivate relationships that lead to partnerships and collaborations with Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc.’s immigration department.
- Work with leaders of “partner” institutions and teach them how to sponsor, staff and do outreach (institutional announcements, sign-ups, pass out flyers, canvass, educate the community and coordinate processing workshops) so that Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. can provide needed immigration services outside of its central offices.
- Assist in collecting data for case management and outcome evaluations.
- Represent Catholic Charities of Los Angeles, Inc. in meetings with local and national government agencies and organizations focused on initiatives related to immigration.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
- Two to three years of related experience
- Transportation required with a clean driving record and proof of insurance
- Bilingual English / Spanish strongly preferred
- Ability to plan and implement outreach strategies
- Strong oral, presentation, communication and written skills required
- Ability to keep records and write reports
- Knowledge of federal immigration and naturalization laws and regulations
- Must be organized and able to prioritize multiple duties
- Strong computer skills required
Employment Type: Temporary Full Time, M-F, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Salary: $16.53 – $20.72 per hour plus benefits & sick accrual